• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Club Cricket Season XIII-XIV

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Name: Thamba Mamesh
Club of application: Badureliya
Email: thamba.mamesh@gmail.com
Intentions: improve OD batting.

Had a think about it and if it isn't too late I would like to take the batting spot at Badureliya. Would be pretty gun to play in Sri Lanka, even if it is not for the home club. Gloucestershire only D2 so the standard wouldn't be much different. Reckon giving someone different like Ash, Stedman or whoever would get more out of the England anyway.

Or can I play for Tamil Union as non overseas player? They don't even have a CW players at the club yet. :(

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watt yet to confirm his contract. Will give him until midnight of the 7th (tomorrow) to confirm, or else his place may be offered to someone else.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Still lots of places up for grabs. See first few posts for the club requirements.

Tell your friends!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Richards back in the County mix

Via his UK passport, allrounder Dave Richards has been offered a contract at the spin-friendly venue of Northamptonshire. Also interested in his signature are Worcestershire, but a spokesperson from the club noted that no contract will be offered until Richards decides on the Northants offer.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Players with a SL passport may play for one of these clubs without taking one of the places listed below. Please state whether you qualify.
Interesting both Thamba and Dinu wanted to play for home/the clubs they support, which in theory as Sri Lankan passport holders they should have been able to without taking to place of overseas player. But were required to take spots of overseas players. Any reason for this?

Mike I recommend you play for SSC.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Name: AA Cameron
Club of application: Atlanta/Orlando
Email: andycameron60 @ hotmail.com
Intentions (ie what you hope to accomplish there. eg improved bowling): Improved OD consistency and ER

Last edited:

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Interesting both Thamba and Dinu wanted to play for home/the clubs they support, which in theory as Sri Lankan passport holders they should have been able to without taking to place of overseas player. But were required to take spots of overseas players. Any reason for this?

Mike I recommend you play for SSC.
Sinhalese SC, yep thats the team i want to play for.

Aims: To continue my 4 day form and hopefully further improve my OD game so i can help the Colts push up the ladder next season.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
That has nothing to do with overseas rules. That's according to the requirements of the club.
Fair enough but I would have thought SSC would need another middle order batting option over a fast bowling all rounder, as they already have three in squad. They don't have much depth in batting this season without the Test players as they basically rely on three batsmen.

Tamil Union have little depth in the pace attack, but they have been playing a makeshift opener all season with Ian Daniel all season. So one would presume both Dinu and Thamba would meet other requirements for those clubs. The lack of a top order and depth in batting are pretty big problems for both clubs.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Depth won't be an issue in club cricket tbh, given that most teams have a maximum of 12 players in the databases I'm preparing. I'm fine with Dinu moving to Sinhalese if he likes, except that I'd like the CW wealth to be shared as best as possible.