• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Bangladesh in Sri Lanka

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A spot on post actually. Tamim's got some glaring flaws in his batting and he should be at the Academy getting them ironed out. He's basically bought himself close to a dozen appearances on the back of one innings at the World Cup.
He's a good strokeplayer, I don't think anybody is denying that, but he takes far too long to score runs, mainly because of an inability to rotate the strike and collect singles. It seems all he is good for is big flashy shots, which don't come off very often. I'd much rather have Mehrab Hossain jr opening the batting, he does take his time but he'll score more runs than Tamim.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He's a good strokeplayer, I don't think anybody is denying that, but he takes far too long to score runs, mainly because of an inability to rotate the strike and collect singles. It seems all he is good for is big flashy shots, which don't come off very often. I'd much rather have Mehrab Hossain jr opening the batting, he does take his time but he'll score more runs than Tamim.
And he's also a good fifth/sixth bowling option.

Aritro

International Regular

Other pressing concerns include his inability to play any shots on the leg side other than the big hoick into the cow corner. Not only is his pull-shot unconvincing, but he also has trouble playing off his pads as well as an infuriating tendancy to completely miss his leg glances. Not only that, but he also tends to plant his feet and flap his bat at anything pitched outside off-stump, and that's brought about his downfall several times already.

Still a very incomplete player IMO. He should be at the academy polishing his game.

I'd prefer Mehrab to open too. He's also got a problem with rotating the strike but it's no where near as chronic as Tamim's, and his footwork seems to have improved during the last 12 months too.

Failing that, maybe Rajin Saleh is worth another go. Limited cricketer, but he can at least be trusted to see out the new ball.

Last edited:

Aritro

International Regular
Well, Cricinfo reckon the next one's on Monday while various other websites say it's tomorrow.

Can anyone confirm?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
R.Premadasa stadium is a low scoring ground.

Bangladesh bowlers can bring their Team right back in if they bowl well and pick up a few early wickets. Its usually 150-200 runs per innings type pitch even in ODIs involving other countries.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The cricinfo headline is a tad alarming for those who don't know Bangladesh batted first.

SL on top as Jayasuriya gets 300

300 ODI wickets. Gah.

pasag

RTDAS
R.Premadasa stadium is a low scoring ground.

Bangladesh bowlers can bring their Team right back in if they bowl well and pick up a few early wickets. Its usually 150-200 runs per innings type pitch even in ODIs involving other countries.
Lol, they don't have a chance Jason. I'll change my avatar to anything you want for 3 months if they win.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol, they don't have a chance Jason. I'll change my avatar to anything you want for 3 months if they win.
No I agree, it looks remote...So I won't take up the challenge, but if they get 2-3 early they will give themselves a fair chance. Rasel and Mortaza , if they can get a couple could give their team some hope...

It is definitely the lowest scoring pitch in Sri Lanka, IMHO.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
No I agree, it looks remote...So I won't take up the challenge, but if they get 2-3 early they will give themselves a fair chance. Rasel and Mortaza , if they can get a couple could give their team some hope...

Mortaza ain't playing.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
The cricinfo headline is a tad alarming for those who don't know Bangladesh batted first.

SL on top as Jayasuriya gets 300

300 ODI wickets. Gah.
No one has got an ODI Double hundred yet , so 300 would definitely be alarming ...:laugh:

Good on Jayasuriya....great ODI allrounder without a doubt...

I just hope the guy can some how eke out 4 more Test wickets before his career finishes , to get into the reckoning as a Test allrounder with 100 wickets plus 6,000 runs..:)

currently on 96 Test wickets.

pasag

RTDAS

Was only one way (ie you don't have to do anything is SL win):p

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
Well done Sanath Jayasuriya easily the greatest Sri Lankan not only cricketer but great person.IMHO

How would the unbiased forum members rate him as an allrounder? in one day cricket for his bowling i look at the RPO, not the wickets

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
As a Sri Lankan, I know he is one of the most humblest cricketers ever. And definitely a great person.

I am worried once he finishes Cricket career, he will end up in Politics and ruin his nice character and name...:ph34r:

lionheart

School Boy/Girl Captain
LOL, that is a worry. But I don't see him as the sort of guy who'd get into politics. He isn't particularly charismatic, nor is he much of an orator, and he isn’t evil enough in that distinctively cartoonish manner that Sri Lankan politicians are by definition.

But anyway, here’s to Sana – one of the great men of Sri Lankan cricket and an outstanding bloke.