• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb Forum

HeathDavisSpeed
HeathDavisSpeed
Yeah - that's where you go searching for a point on a map where there's some kind of a box to find and get some bits and bobs out of, yes? Never done it though.
Jarquis
Jarquis
For the most part yeah. Not all of them have things to be taken or moved around, generally it’s a matter of signing the log to say you’ve been there and logging it in the app. Based on the post you made about orienteering I wasn’t sure if it might be something you’d be interested in. It’s similar in the sense of it’s an outdoor treasure hunt.
HeathDavisSpeed
HeathDavisSpeed
I've always meant to give it a go, but haven't. Most of the time when I do those sort of things, it's rogaining. Could see the kids enjoying it though.
HeathDavisSpeed
HeathDavisSpeed
We've done a similar geocaching thing in the Wellington Gardens where they set out boxes and you had to find codes to open them. Excellent the first few times we did that, but then it got too popular and you were queuing up for the boxes and people left them open - which ruined it.
Jarquis
Jarquis
Sounds like it could definitely be up your/their street then. There’s a massive community around it and there are ‘layers’ to it too depending on how involved you want to get. For instance each cache has a difficulty and terrain rating. So finding one of each permutation is a specific challenge.
Jarquis
Jarquis
If you get into it, I’ll see if I can get my hands on a ‘travel bug’ and set it out with a mission to getting to you!
HeathDavisSpeed
HeathDavisSpeed
What's a travel bug? Is that something that people have to move on to another location closer to an end destination or something?
Jarquis
Jarquis
HeathDavisSpeed
HeathDavisSpeed
Cool! I'll have a look into it. The trickiest thing with kids is finding the time to do things during the term when they have all manner of out of school commitments and sports (and I occasionally have sports still)