• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Good win by India as expected and restores parity.

Jaiswal-Rohit-Gill-Kohli-Patidar-Rahul/Sarfaraz-Jurel-Axar-Ashwin-Kuldeep-Bumrah is the XI I will go with for next match. 4 bowlers is quite enough since all the 3 spinners can bowl the bulk of the overs and support Boomrah.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Geez they didn't miss with the post-match participation prizes handed out by every sponsor in the local area.

Molehill

International Captain
Difference was selecting Bashir instead of Robinson imo.
Yeah, Bumrah and Anderson showed what quality seamers could get out of the pitch. At no point did either go for more than 3 runs an over in the innings whilst they picked up 14 wickets between them.

If Leach is fit for the next Test I assume he replaces Bashir. Anderson surely keeps his place, not sure what they do about Rehan v Robinson/Wood.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Yeah, Bumrah and Anderson showed what quality seamers could get out of the pitch. At no point did either go for more than 3 runs an over in the innings whilst they picked up 14 wickets between them.

If Leach is fit for the next Test I assume he replaces Bashir. Anderson surely keeps his place, not sure what they do about Rehan v Robinson/Wood.
think anderson will be rested for 4th test because gap between 3rd and 4th is 3-4 days. robinson will come in then

Chin Music

State 12th Man

Hasn't Rehan come on a fair bit compared to the first test? I'm not sure I would go with the two left arm orthodox spinners again.

Molehill

International Captain
Hasn't Rehan come on a fair bit compared to the first test? I'm not sure I would go with the two left arm orthodox spinners again.
Yeah, to be fair he's picked up 6 in the match at under 26, not to be sniffed at. He's quite good at removing the tail too. So maybe Leach for Bashir will be the only change.

danzydab

U19 12th Man
England need a 2nd seamer in Robinson more than they need Leach.

Rehan has bowled pretty poorly and got wickets due to good captaincy from stokes. Leach would offer the much needed control
But then again, Rehan somehow is getting breakthroughs despite the trash freebies. Also provides very important lower order runs.

Molehill

International Captain
England need a 2nd seamer in Robinson more than they need Leach.

Rehan has bowled pretty poorly and got wickets due to good captaincy from stokes. Leach would offer the much needed control
But then again, Rehan somehow is getting breakthroughs despite the trash freebies. Also provides very important lower order runs.
It probably depends on the pitch too, but I suspect they'll stick with 3 spinners, especially as Root offered little in this Test.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
If Leach is fit, he would definitely come in for Bashir.

Elsewhere much the same with the only decision really is whether to play a 2nd seamer instead of Ahmed.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
What an excellent test match

Quicks, spinners, batsmen everyone was in with a good chance of doing well at every stage of the game

England played reasonably well I thought but Bumrah and Jaiswal were just too good
We got lucky with 2 epic performances - esp. Bumrah - and was backed up by decent games for Kuldeep, Gill and Ashwin. England have been awesome and its obvious if we are not at our best they are gonna smash us. Hopefully selections can be sorted out by next game but knowing Dravid, we may well see Mukesh again. :(