• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa T20 Tour of India 2022

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Umran likely won't be seen till Ireland games or maybe ODIs vs England. Dravid & co are maybe trying to protect him but Tearaways have a limited lifespan. They shouldn't waste his best years while it's good that he isn't rotting in Indian domestic system though.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I understand the hype about Umran and it’s awesome that he’s bowling so quickly. But that doesn’t mean he should be thrown into internationals now. It might hamper his development because he often leaks runs and when it happens at the international level (which it will, he went at 9s in the IPL) he’ll come under pressure to change what he does best.

Just give the kid more time to develop some bowling smarts imo.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I understand the hype about Umran and it’s awesome that he’s bowling so quickly. But that doesn’t mean he should be thrown into internationals now. It might hamper his development because he often leaks runs and when it happens at the international level (which it will, he went at 9s in the IPL) he’ll come under pressure to change what he does best.

Just give the kid more time to develop some bowling smarts imo.
Yeah, have not seen him move it off the straight yet. On the bright side, he seems to have figured out that he can bowl different lengths at least. If he can develop some changes of pace, and an option of an effort ball (with Steyn as coach those seem doable) he will be good IMO. But he is not there yet and it makes sense they are taking their time with him. I would much rather see Arshdeep play before him.

Heboric

International Debutant
Oh well that ended in a damp squib.
I guess it was fair for both teams, first half my team was good the scond half not so much...

Last edited:

Bolo.

International Vice-Captain
Hmm, that was no good.

I don't often position myself to watch cricket these days, being in a non-cricket country, a bad timezone, and all that, but I was ready to rumble on this one in the only bar in my massive city that I know will hook cricket up.