• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Group A Discussion - Pakistan, West Indies, Australia, India

Shri

Mr. Glass
we'll have to see how Amir & Umer Akmal perform aganist india
i know Amir has played a warm up t20 aginst india but this is the first time, both new players will be playing aginst india
i wish Sehwag & Yuvraj were in indian team, cuz otherwise now if we beat them , they will say They didn't have Sehwag & Yuvraj, & if they beat us they 'll say they beat us Without Sehwag & Yuvraj LOL
We dont have Zaheer Khan either.:ph34r:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Zaheerr has always been quite average against Pakistan.
I would take a 'quite average' Zaheer over a 'pure crap' Nehra any day.:p

We might have as well given Kamran Khan a chance instead of taking a step back with Nehra tbh.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I would take a 'quite average' Zaheer over a 'pure crap' Nehra any day.:p

We might have as well given Kamran Khan a chance instead of taking a step back with Nehra tbh.
Nehra should not play its a turner at Centurion, Mishra will be a good selection can't believe India did not pick Ohja.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Nehra should not play its a turner at Centurion, Mishra will be a good selection can't believe India did not pick Ohja.
Its become a circus. I have given up for the moment. Should get better when Sehwag, Zak and Yuvraj return.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Playing without Salman Butt gives us a chance to play 11-11 rather then 12-10 but then we end up selecting Imran Nazir so it gets back to square one.
well Butt scores centuries aganist india but as far as i remember only 1 of them was on winnign side lol
but be ready for a quick fifty from imran nazir tommorrow
Malik is going to play well also & then Akmal junior will finish it off with Rana Naveed
that are my predictions

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Mishra is better than Ojha. He should figure in the first XI for this match. Nehra may just make it because of his experience. while Nayar fills in as a change bowler. If the Indians play a third seamer aheaf od Mishra, they're finished.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Mishra is better than Ojha. He should figure in the first XI for this match. Nehra may just make it because of his experience. while Nayar fills in as a change bowler. If the Indians play a third seamer aheaf od Mishra, they're finished.
Mishra>>> Ohja but Pakistan struggles against SLA so he could have been really useful.

Lostman

State Captain
With Bracken out with an injury, it definitely effects our chances in the tourney, anyways this is the XI that now I would like to see taking on West Indies:
Like SL chances now if they face Australia in this tournament. Forget Lee, McGrath and Warne they could have been dealt with. Bracken absolutely owns SL's top order.

And you would have thought SL could have found one left arm really slow bowler between 120-125 km/h, that bowls an assortment of slower deliveries to practice against.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Re: Zaheer being average v Pakistan, I don't know why it needs reiterating that he is a much improved bowler from the dire bowler he was in the past.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
If the Indians play a third seamer aheaf od Mishra, they're finished.
I disagree obviously. I would play 3 seamers barring if the pitch really assists the spinners. The weak area is batting, not bowling in my opinion.

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I disagree obviously. I would play 3 seamers barring if the pitch really assists the spinners. The weak area is batting, not bowling in my opinion.
The current crop of Indian seamers looks terrible. They go for over seven, eight and nine runs an over. On the other hand, we've seen Mishra finish with a tight economy-rate and Yusuf, with three wickets and a decent economy. It makes no sense to replace a spinner who's bowling well with a seamer who's bowling utter rubbish, even if this is South Africa. Most teams will thrash this seam attack with ease. Playing three of these seamers doesn't make any sense.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The seamers will do far better on seamer friendly tracks, that at least is my gut feeling. As we already have Yusuf Pathan, we don't need 3 spinners.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The seamers will do far better on seamer friendly tracks, that at least is my gut feeling. As we already have Yusuf Pathan, we don't need 3 spinners.
These seamers need some very seamer-friendly tracks, like a classic Kingsmead/Newlands ground. Put them on a flat deck and they'll get smashed. Put them on something that turns even a little and they'll miss more than hit. Against teams that are better-prepared against seam bowling (except Sri Lanka and the current WI side) they don't have any advantage. On present form, they don't have any chance.

Mishra and Harbhajan are bowling well lately, and it doesn't make sense to leave out a spinner bowling well just because the team is playing in South Africa. As for Yusuf, we know how little Dhoni uses his bowling, and what effect it has had on him. Maybe his 3/46 in Potch should change things. When spin is doing well for your team, there's no point dropping a spinner.