• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Semi Finals and Final

Slow Love™

International Captain
*sigh* God, the site's sluggish. It's taking around three to four minutes for me to submit a post at the moment.

Arrow

U19 Vice-Captain
Slow Love™ said:
Hussey pretty lucky there, methinks.
That was as plumb as you can get. If you dont give those out you might as well not have an LBW law. Disgraceful decision by that senile old coot.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
Slow Love™ said:
*sigh* God, the site's sluggish. It's taking around three to four minutes for me to submit a post at the moment.

haha was just gonna say the same thing

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When Lou Vincent drops a catch you start to wonder if it's not NZ's day.

Dravid

International Captain
Slow Love™ said:
I made a thread, typed up a lot. Never loaded and the thread was never created.

And as I write this, Symonds is bowled.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Symonds losing his rythm here, and Clarke not able to find his. Gonna have to get a real hustle on now if they're going to get around 260.

As to the slow over-rates, I'm a bit confused about this. Obviously Australia ran way overtime the other night, and the Kiwis have here - are teams no longer being penalised for this? Can't make any sense out of the ICC's treatment of this issue.

_Ed_

That's a big wicket. Having said that though, Brett Lee can hit the ball a long way.

Slow Love™

International Captain
So with Symmo out, chances of a 260 total are likely gone. I'd probably be happy with 240 or so now, and I reckon the Kiwis would give themselves a chance.

_Ed_

Mills coming in at the death always leads to a nervous few minutes for NZ supporters. Holding my breath here in his last two overs.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Slow Love™ said:
As to the slow over-rates, I'm a bit confused about this. Obviously Australia ran way overtime the other night, and the Kiwis have here - are teams no longer being penalised for this? Can't make any sense out of the ICC's treatment of this issue.
Oh, I just heard the Aussies got fined 10% of the match fee. I missed it somehow.

_Ed_

Slow Love™ said:
Oh, I just heard the Aussies got fined 10% of the match fee. I missed it somehow.
So NZ should as well. I hope though that when there are injuries or some other genuine delays those are taken into consideration and the punishment is less severe. Obviously not the case today though.

Bond with another wicket, this is an excellent display of death bowling by NZ - makes a change!

Loony BoB

International Captain
Bond keeping his strike rate and average down for the Aussies.

92 wickets in 48 matches... 53 is the record to get to 100, he's still in the running. :D

Slow Love™

International Captain
It's a bit like the match the other night - at times batsmen can look comfortable scoring around 5 runs an over or so, but attempts to really force the pace substantially higher have generally come undone.

Won't be an easy chase for NZ by any stretch, I wouldn't think - but we've definitely still got a game here. If the tail can manage to crawl to 240 or so, it could make a real difference.

irfan

State Captain
Bond's bowled extremely well after an unlucky opening spell where he could easily gotten more wickets. He certainly was the catalyst to all of Mills opening wickets as the batsman tried to get him away with no success

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Slow Love™ said:
But match fees means nothing. It hurts only when overs are docked. I was thinking how teams weren't penalised overs in earlier matches as well.