• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cullen to replace Clark

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good decision really, gives Cullen a chance to show what he can do on possibly some helpful conditions. This is probably his last chance of international cricket for a little while, atleast until Hogg or Warne retires so he should really make the most of it.

Mister Wright

Meh...Cullen is not a very good bowler. If he gets a game I will be surprised, I'll be even more surprised if he does well.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
Mister Wright said:
Meh...Cullen is not a very good bowler. If he gets a game I will be surprised, I'll be even more surprised if he does well.
I think he is a decent long term prospect but it is a waste of time taking him to India. They should have picked Hayden or Jaques to keep the heat on Katich, the opening position is about the only debatable one left to fill for the WC.

Mister Wright

Great Birtannia said:
I think he is a decent long term prospect but it is a waste of time taking him to India. They should have picked Hayden or Jaques to keep the heat on Katich, the opening position is about the only debatable one left to fill for the WC.
It's simple. He struggles to take wickets, why is he even in the Australian frame? It is ridiculous.

andyc

Mister Wright said:
Yeah, pretty much completely agreed.

Mister Wright

andyc said:
Yeah, pretty much completely agreed.
Phew! I thought I'd be the only one...

The way people go out of their way to support these young guys just because they are young borders on ridiculous. Good to know there are some out there who still value players on their performances and not their age.

Mister Wright

pietersenrocks said:
I think its a good decision Cullen is a good bowler he was bowling well but the luck wasn't there.
So all of last season when he wasn't getting wickets against the top order and had to wait until about his 30th over and then took cheap tailend wickets he was bowling without luck?

Perm

No offense to Moises Henriques but I know that Australia do really want to win the Champions Trophy and by taking somebody like Henriques they would be weakening their chances. This is not the time to blood an Under 19 player at International level, they need to pick a player who could really perform for them and not someone as untested as Henriques.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Perm said:
No offense to Moises Henriques but I know that Australia do really want to win the Champions Trophy and by taking somebody like Henriques they would be weakening their chances. This is not the time to blood an Under 19 player at International level, they need to pick a player who could really perform for them and not someone as untested as Henriques.
James Hopes or Cameron could have been called up instead.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
Phew! I thought I'd be the only one...

The way people go out of their way to support these young guys just because they are young borders on ridiculous. Good to know there are some out there who still value players on their performances and not their age.
make it three here, i hope he comes good and i'm sure you do as well since when Warne, MacGill & Hogg goes Australia's spin resources will be very limitied at both levels of the game.

TBH looking at Cullen bowl he doesn't look too much better than Nathan Hauritz who everyone seems to think was crap.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
brockley said:
I would have preffered if they took a development player like moises henriques.
He definately seem to be a young prodigy in the making but unlike some of the Asian countries especially Australia wont normally expose such players that early.

If he has good season this year & next I expect to see Henriques pretty close to international selection by the end of 2007.

brockley

International Captain
I would at least pick moises henriques in the prime ministers xl this year as well as a few prmosing youngsters.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Moises is certainly gunning it in Grade Cricket.

Wright has pretty much said it all.

brockley

International Captain
He has taken lambert's position at no 7,every chance to now succeed,would love to see him play in the full strength NSW side against england expect brett lee to play at 7 so all the bowlers can have a go.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Cullen would have been much, much better off staying in Australia and playing some domestic first class cricket.

Mister Wright

Prince EWS said:
Cullen would have been much, much better off staying in Australia and playing some domestic first class cricket.
Totally agree. Not much value with him barely playing in India when he could be getting both one day and first class experience back in Australia.