Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: West Indies, prospects?

West Indies on a roll are very dangerous, but hopefully someone will cool them down soon.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    West Indies on a roll are very dangerous, but hopefully someone will cool them down soon.
    Why? The West Indies deserve a bit of success. It's about time!
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    The last game against Australia showed me a couple of things and I think I owe Dwayne Bravo an apology. Well he finished with average figures of 1-33 of 6, that slower ball to dismiss Clarke was probably the turning point in the game. The way he pulls out this bits of brilliant is absolutely outstanding, but like Liam said earlier he just needs to be careful that he doesn't try and make things happen when he'd be better off plugging away at a line and length.

Brian Lara- what a great batsman to watch when he is in full-flow, out of the current players he would be one of the players that I would watch if I knew he was going to score a hundred. He is just so beautiful to watch.

And what was Chris Gayle doing against Australia? Was he taking hyperactivity pills or something? I was suprised to see such a cool character get so excited and wound up, he really needed to calm down. Those four overthrows he gave away was ridiculous and could well have helped Australia win, much like Brett Lee's beamer to McCullum in the Chappell Hadlee series last year.
    Last edited by Perm; 19-10-2006 at 06:27 PM.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

International Debutant Pedro Delgado's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Delgado
    There or thereabouts IMO, should not be underestimated.
    Member of the Rosalie Birch Appreciation Society (RBAS)
    Member of CVAAS - go Joe

You're a ghost la la la la la la la la laaa
    You're a ghost la la la la la la la la laaa
    I'm the church and I've come
    To claim you with my iron drum
    la la la la la la la la la la

The wolves are running..

Quote Originally Posted by Perm
    The last game against Australia showed me a couple of things and I think I owe Dwayne Smith an apology. Well he finished with average figures of 1-33 of 6, that slower ball to dismiss Clarke was probably the turning point in the game. The way he pulls out this bits of brilliant is absolutely outstanding, but like Liam said earlier he just needs to be careful that he doesn't try and make things happen when he'd be better off plugging away at a line and length.
    Surely you mean Bravo? Dwayne Smith did nothing but drop the ball short all game and get out to a nigh leg stump half volley.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    Why? The West Indies deserve a bit of success. It's about time!
    you are windies fan, so yes you will want them to do well fair enough, but i'm not i want other sides to win.

you are windies fan, so yes you will want them to do well fair enough, but i'm not i want other sides to win.
    What did my comment have to do with my allegiance?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Yes, I did mean Bravo. Edited now.

What did my comment have to do with my allegiance?
    everything..

everything..
    No. Everyone should support the West Indies team out of pity. It's not like the West Indies ever had a good time in this game of cricket. True hard luck story, they are.

No. Everyone should support the West Indies team out of pity. It's not like the West Indies ever had a good time in this game of cricket. True hard luck story, they are.
    you are kidding right? the past 6-7 years have not been kind to them but ever???

Quote Originally Posted by Anil
    you are kidding right?
    Sarcasm much?

It would be great leading into "their" World Cup for the Windies to win the CT. If Australia are not to win, I would like to see the Windies take it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Sarcasm much?
    ok then...

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    * haul

And no, it wasn't a fluke. Dwayne Bravo put in the hard yards for that. And to suggest that a 6-wicket haul against Australia in Australia is a fluke is pushing it a tad.

The thing about Bravo is not that he can't bowl accurately, but that he gets bored too easily. Too often he tries to make things happen at times when he would be better served to continue to plug away on a line and length. That's the kind of cricketer Bravo is - he tries to make things happen all the time. I don't agree with that mentality entirely though, as I believe that in order to be successful - especially in ODIs - you have to learn to allow things to happen as well.

The dismissal of Clarke today shows why he's so essential to the team though, because he can do things like that under pressure. He's the kind of character the West Indies team needs, because he seems to thrive under pressure and always seems upbeat, regardless of his personal or the team's situation.

With time he will mature, I have no doubt, and learn the service of bowling tight spells. Lest we forget, he just turned 23.

Theres no doubting that he has a lot of potential for his age. But for mine his 6 wickets against Australia wasnt well deserved because it was more poor batting than it was good bowling to be honest. There were few wicket taking balls bowled and plenty of poor shots all around. I think too much is made about his bowling when he doesnt do much other than get the ball to reverse a little bit. I like his attitude and never say die character but i also think that bowling is more about consistency and variety than it is about bowling the odd clever slower ball to Clarke.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information