• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - India, England, Australia, West Indies

oz_fan

International Regular
50 up for Morton. Good innings so far and with Lara there as well the WI should be looking to set a total of 230-250.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
luffy said:
It's true though alot of tourists get sick over there.
Haha I know, I was kidding. I'm just peed off he's not playing because he's unlikely to score more runs than Gayle in this tournament now. My bet was for him to top score for WI.

I know food poisoning is common there.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
pasag said:
That is something you will never see again. Ponting dropping such an easy catch.
Agreed..... to busy living in the glory of his catch against SL at the Gabba :mellow:

Trend sets in again, Bracken goes for runs in his second spell when the balls not swinging... might nearly be worth a try bowling his 10 straight from the start if it continues to happen ? THoughts ?

oz_fan

International Regular
McGrath brought on and picks up a wicket second ball. Lara out for a well made 70. WI 200/5 after 44.2 overs

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Lara would have liked to stay longer. However, Windies have got 200 and they can still get 230 which would give the Windies a chance.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Lara played a magnificient innings i thought.. Still a good chance of gettin 235-240 according to me..

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Surprised Lara came in at No 6 but it worked - he had the brains to realise -unlike England - that if you bat your 50 overs at least you'll get something to defend(not saying they will win but at least they are in the game).

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Great Birtannia said:
How has Watson bowled? Has he been getting any movement?
The ball he got Gayle with was a beauty. Would have got plenty of batsmen out.

Aside from that he's not done much, but been fairly accurate. There's not been much seam movement for anyone though, so I don't think it matters much. Generally speaking Watson was good today, as he was in the DLF Cup throughout.

Anyway, this is a challenging total for Australia, but it's not really a difficult pitch to bat on. There's not heaps of spin, and the uneven bounce is there but less noticable than in other games. If it keeps playing this way I think 240 odd is gettable.

oz_fan

International Regular
WI finish at 234/6 thanks to some great batting from Lara and Morton (who deserved a century). A good total considering the WI were 60/4 after 15 overs. If Australia lose an early wicket we could see a very competitive match.

sideshowtim

Banned
oz_fan said:
WI finish at 234/6 thanks to some great batting from Lara and Morton (who deserved a century). A good total considering the WI were 60/4 after 15 overs. If Australia lose an early wicket we could see a very competitive match.
Windies lost 4 early wickets but clawed back to post a decent total and I think we have a better middle order than them.

Alysum

U19 Debutant
lol Ponting's only interested in difficult catches, what a catch! should be very interesting to see how the aussies will go...