• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa v Bangladesh

skeewee

Cricket Spectator
the bangladesh game was all south africa needed to boost their confidence and I think we can beat the west indies if we bat first, bcoz I think Gibbs will come into his own in that match if he does not he as to be kicked off the team I think Van jaarsveld should be tested as an opening batsman... Gibbs bru you can do it I have confidence in you... And Dochead try to remember we did lose 10 in a row..... and we havn't even played India or the aussies yet?!?.......

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well this was what SA needed to break the winning streak.
Encouraging bowling from Ntini - but still, I can't help feeling everyone bar Pollock could easily have gone for more - lots of shots hit the middle of the bat, but also the fielders.
Langeveldt got yet another match where he bowled really well but because it was against a minor side is unlikely to get taken very seriously. I really hope he might take this tournament by storm and get himself a place on more sturdy footing.
Pollock his normal self.
Boje bowled pretty well, but could have been better.
Klusener is a real worry. 2 overs for 12 following on from what it did. Thank God he got that chance to bowl a maiden.
Nafis Iqbal - what a fuss! What a terrible innings to gain such adulation as that one did. Should have been out on 1 and 10. Wowee!
Rest of Bangladesh - poor as per usual. Though there was some mitigation for some batsmen, and this 16-year-old guy bowled pretty well. What a terrible decision to bat first, Rajin.
Gibbs, still poor in ODIs from WC2003 onwards. Looks like people are actually starting to notice, too. About time!
Graeme - shouldn't have cut that one to the point fielder. Still struggles to keep that shot down sometimes. Got away with it, thankfully, but you haven't fooled me.
Kallis - indominatable as ever. Shame you didn't bowl, but never mind - after that opening salvo, everything to lose (like Lance) and difficult to gain anything.