• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best bet, dark horse and weak link

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Voltman said:
McCullum? Maybe I'm biased because I've played with the guy back in his Dunedin days, but he is one of our best floating batsman. His glovework is still a little untidy, but he is by no means the worst keeper at the tournament.
Sorry...didn't know that.

I have seen him mess up a few chances, and just drop the ball when not in play. Doesn't look as active as Parore or Nevin. That drop of Dravid was a big mistake in the World Cup. You cannot get away by dropping world class players like him. Or missing a stumping of Gilchrist- that's one of Sangakkara's biggest bloopers. Or getting the wicket of Sachin on a no-ball- he'll strike back hard.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Arjun said:
Sorry...didn't know that.

I have seen him mess up a few chances, and just drop the ball when not in play. Doesn't look as active as Parore or Nevin. That drop of Dravid was a big mistake in the World Cup. You cannot get away by dropping world class players like him. Or missing a stumping of Gilchrist- that's one of Sangakkara's biggest bloopers. Or getting the wicket of Sachin on a no-ball- he'll strike back hard.
Doesn't look as active as Nevin? Not sure how much international cricket you have seen Nevin play, but he is positively awful behind the stumps. McCullum is obviously not in the class of Parore, but I predict he will tidy it up and be our glovesman for the next ten years.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
How is Lou Vincent's glovework? Sometimes, he does the job of wicketkeeper. He's also one of the better batsmen in the side, although one who rarely gets a big score.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Arjun said:
How is Lou Vincent's glovework? Sometimes, he does the job of wicketkeeper. He's also one of the better batsmen in the side, although one who rarely gets a big score.
His golvework is nothing flash. He's much better value in the field.

cbuts

International Debutant
Arjun said:
NEW ZEALAND:
Best bet: Astle, Cairns, Vettori
Dark horse: Oram, Styris, Butler
Weak link: McCullum (don't drop this one!), McMillan and especially Mills
QUOTE]
vettori a best bet?? more like the weakest link!

vincents batting is **** house. hed struggle to get into the kenyan batting lineup

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Arjun said:
NEW ZEALAND:
Best bet: Astle, Cairns, Vettori
Dark horse: Oram, Styris, Butler
Weak link: McCullum (don't drop this one!), McMillan and especially Mills
Cairns is best bet and McMillan is weak link? I think McMillan's been doing much better than Cairns recently, hasn't he?

skeewee

Cricket Spectator
I don't know at this moment gibbs must be a dark horse.. He is as consistend as a ****roach.. don't worry I don't get it either..

Gibbs speel op die oomblik hoog kak..> Translate: Gibbs is playing like an ****

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Cairns is best bet and McMillan is weak link? I think McMillan's been doing much better than Cairns recently, hasn't he?
McMillan averages 26- sign of a very inconsistent player. You may never know how long he will last in a match. Cairns, on the other hand, not only has a better average, but can play a longer innings.

Wait, which Shoaib?
BEST BET: Shoaib Akhtar
DARK HORSE: Shoaib Malik
WEAK LINK: Shoaib Akhtar (not sure where to place him)