• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2024

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Crapinfo said:
It's the first time in over a decade that a CSK-MI game will not witness Dhoni and Rohit as captains

Crapinfo, who are supposed to do this for a living, seems to have forgotten what happened just 2 years ago when Jaddu captained CSK and MSD headlined the win against MI.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lol, I can think of a decent argument for Wankhede to be more iconic than Eden; but Narendra Modi Stadium being in contention is such brain-dead take.....
To be iconic it needs to have some history and character behind it, which Narendra Modi Stadium doesn't at this time.

Actually I take that back, we continued our World Cup glory and domination there. It's super iconic.

capt_Luffy

International Regular
To be iconic it needs to have some history and character behind it, which Narendra Modi Stadium doesn't at this time.

Actually I take that back, we continued our World Cup glory and domination there. It's super iconic.
To be fair, you won your first ever World Cup in Eden Garden....

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Hmmm.. but I dont really think iconic means historic. I understand that being historic helps but the Burj has only been around a few years and I remember flying via Dubai just a few months after it was unveiled and they called it iconic.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Isn't that because it's the tallest building on Earth
And isn't that stadium the biggest in the world in terms of capacity?

Anyways, I am just playing DA here. I think Eden Gardens is easily the most iconic cricket stadium in India. I would put Dharamshala 2nd and Chennai 3rd, coz of all the great games we have hosted. Wanky day can be 4th. I actually think the Brabourne Stadium in Mumbai has a good shout to be the 3rd most iconic ground in India too.