• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best spinner other than Warne & Murali

Best spinner apart from Warne & Murali

• Kumble

Votes: 45 36.6%
  • Harbajan

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Kaneria

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • Saqlain

Votes: 13 10.6%
  • Macgill

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • Vettori

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Giles

Votes: 9 7.3%

• Total voters

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't know I can understand it. Other than Kumble all the others have question marks re. longevity at least

trundler

I don't know I can understand it. Other than Kumble all the others have question marks re. longevity at least
You don't rate Lyon because longevity is overrated but you think Vettori has a case to be better than MacGill or Saqlain? :blink:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think it's particularly wild because if you just really cared about longevity you should vote for Kumble. I can see why the others would have got votes if people valued other things, but under what criteria is Vettori the best? Kumble had more longevity and was better in terms of quality - the others all had better short peaks (except Giles lol, and maybe Kaneria).

TheJediBrah

You don't rate Lyon because longevity is overrated but you think Vettori has a case to be better than MacGill or Saqlain? :blink:
No I just said I can understand why. If I'm picking a spinner for a Test match Vettori is the 2nd last of that bunch I'd pick after Giles