• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team is currently the best, in 2023?

Test format ofc: top team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
@honestbharani our friend @subshakerz has outdone himself today .

He is comparing IND of 2018-23 with , England of last 10 months and Aus of last 15 months. And since India have lost 4 series in last 5 years and Eng / Aus have lost only 1 series in last 10 months , so Aus/Eng are better ?
Don't worry, this just means we are going to go on an unbeaten run now and he will pour his salt all over CW ?

subshakerz

International Coach
Most of India's victories in the past were built on the back of a fairly strong middle order that doesn't exist today. You need to look at form when you assess these teams otherwise saying 'current' is meaningless.

Sunil1z

International Regular
What is the point of having middle order with form when you are going to lose to both IND/ENG away ?

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
People voting for England are ridiculous. Australia will be out for blood in the upcoming Ashes, and we'll see then how reasonable that position is.

Here are the facts: England is hopeless against Australia in Australia, because Jimmy A could never swing the Kookaburra.

Australia are hopeless against India in India, which is being proven again in the ongoing series.

As the rest of the match-ups are more competitive, that only leaves one choice: India .
Anderson is pretty meh vs Australia in England too.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I think it's clearly India. Their dominance at home, and competitiveness away puts them clearly ahead of the others.

Sunil1z

International Regular
As much I would love this Bazball thing to fall apart ( because it is glorified ODI imo ) , I have zero faith in Australian batting (except Smith and Labu )to trouble England.

Slifer

International Captain
Having thought about it some more, if all three of Englan, India and Australia played each other home and away here are my thoughts. Assuming all three teams are at full strength then:

India will blank Eng and Aus at home and possibly beat both of those other two teams away, worse case scenario draw.

England could win lose or draw at home vs Aus and draw or win vs India. They have no hope of winning away vs Ind/Aus.

Australia would win vs Eng and either draw or lose at home vs Ind. Away they'd lose to India and win/lose/draw vs Eng.

So overall, I'd give it to India. Again, that's assuming all three teams are at or near full strength. Trying to decide how they'd do vs the other test teams is too complex atm.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Having thought about it some more, if all three of Englan, India and Australia played each other home and away here are my thoughts. Assuming all three teams are at full strength then:

India will blank Eng and Aus at home and possibly beat both of those other two teams away, worse case scenario draw.

England could win lose or draw at home vs Aus and draw or win vs India. They have no hope of winning away vs Ind/Aus.

Australia would win vs Eng and either draw or lose at home vs Ind. Away they'd lose to India and win/lose/draw vs Eng.

So overall, I'd give it to India. Again, that's assuming all three teams are at or near full strength. Trying to decide how they'd do vs the other test teams is too complex atm.
Harry Brook has the same number of away hundreds in the last 3 months as the entire Australia team in the last 3 years(thanks @Howe_zat) . They've got zero chance of winning here. None. Nada. Nil.

R!TTER

First Class Debutant
I just hope they blow each other out & leave their squads in a mess for the WC :thumbup1:

We need the second most important trophy in cricket, after the IPL of course, to come home every now & then, like an estranged child.

subshakerz

International Coach

India now is not the same as India two years ago IMO and they are facing different opposition. They will surely lose in England against Stokes team. So India now can only win in Aus, SL and WI away, and they can't play in Pak.

Stokes team will also be backed to win away in WI, Pak, SL, NZ and SA IMO. They have more all-round strength than India in that they can succeed in the SC and swinging conditions. Maybe I am in the minority, but I would back Stokes team to put a tough fight even in Australia, possibly even squeak a draw.

Australia can win away in WI, NZ, and Pak and likely SA. If they can beat England away they should get the edge since to me they seem a superior team based on player quality.

Last edited:

Xix2565

International Debutant
India now is not the same as India two years ago IMO. They will surely lose in England against Stokes team. So India now can only win in Aus, SL and WI away, and they can't play in Pak.

Stokes team will also be backed to win away in WI, Pak, SL, NZ and SA IMO. They have more all-round strength than India in that they can succeed in the SC and swinging conditions. Maybe I am in the minority, but I would back Stokes team to put a tough fight even in Australia, possibly even squeak a draw.

Australia can win away in WI, NZ, and Pak and likely SA. If they can beat England away they should get the edge.
Seriously braindead take.