• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India tour of Ireland and England 2022

Arachnodouche

International Captain
If “Bazball” is what Stokes was doing - then yes, erring on the side of idiotic. If it’s what Bairstow is doing - hardly. I think it’s already becoming a bit of a caricature to misrepresent and make fun of.

I mean, what was India’s innings?
What India did is what they always do: everyone pottering on half-assedly around Pant's brilliance. There's certainly no press-manufactured narrative about it.

Flem274*

123/5
If “Bazball” is what Stokes was doing - then yes, erring on the side of idiotic. If it’s what Bairstow is doing - hardly. I think it’s already becoming a bit of a caricature to misrepresent and make fun of.

I mean, what was India’s innings?
haha this

"bAzBaLL iS sTuPiD aNd 0nLy w0rKs oN oThErS" decry some supporters of a team who's batting has been carried by a tubby wicketkeeper who is not shy, an aggressive opening pair and an allrounder for 3 years.

edit - tbf, on reading the thread more closely, it was not primarily indian fans saying this, so i retract the above.

Bahseph

State Captain
Bairstow is in some form, and while he is being uber attacking ,he is still playing more conventionally than whatever Stokes has been doing.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
haha this

"bAzBaLL iS sTuPiD aNd 0nLy w0rKs oN oThErS" decry some supporters of a team who's batting has been carried by a tubby wicketkeeper who is not shy, an aggressive opening pair and an allrounder for 3 years.

edit - tbf, on reading the thread more closely, it was not primarily indian fans saying this, so i retract the above.
None of our openers are particularly aggressive. Rohit often scored at a snails pace previous tour. Jadeja bats normal pace, never frenetic. We only have one batsman who fits the meme and that's pant.