• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW's Ranking of Pace Bowlers (Tests)

HookShot

U19 Vice-Captain
Ot you can look up the wonderful resources of film footage available, thanks to the internet, at no cost, think a little about about how descriptions match with what you see, and come to an informed decision.
I found this video with excellent footage of O’Reilly bowling. Enjoy!

(Yes he’s really quick for a spinner)

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Marshall-McGrath-Hadlee is going to be the top 3. In that order.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Marshall, McGrath, Lillee, Hadlee are hard to separate. Does anyone have stats on the quality of slip fielders they had during their careers?
Know This Is probably a joke, but Lillee had the Chappell brothers, Marshall had a bit of Lloyd, Richards and Richardson, McGrath had Ponting, Waugh, can't recall how long he had Taylor. When ever I watch Hadlee he seemed to have excellent support as well, names not coming to me at the moment.

Gob

International Coach
Marshall never promoted climate change so Cummins

Edit- also never publicly sticked up to his mates iirc

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Know This Is probably a joke, but Lillee had the Chappell brothers, Marshall had a bit of Lloyd, Richards and Richardson, McGrath had Ponting, Waugh, can't recall how long he had Taylor. When ever I watch Hadlee he seemed to have excellent support as well, names not coming to me at the moment.
I was planning to tag you but I guess it was unnecessary :)

gftw

U19 12th Man
Marshall - 11
Cameron - 1
Akram - 2
Mcgrath - 7
Lillee - 1
Hadlee - 1
Cummins - 1

The List
1. Malcolm Marshall

The vote for the #2 test pace bowler of all-time begins now.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!

This is why I'm yawning FTR. Love watching McGrath.