• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

5th Test at The Oval, London

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
I don’t mind Bancroft. He’s still capable of making a comeback. I’d have dropped Harris here and not over his fielding. I just don’t think those catches made that much of a difference. We made plenty of mistakes in both games not to pin the losses on them. Think Usman was the man who should have come back in.
Considering he has been on a downward spiral since his very first match -- a pressureless innings chasing a meager total -- I should hope the Aussie selectors lose his phone number asap

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
I don’t mind Bancroft. He’s still capable of making a comeback. I’d have dropped Harris here and not over his fielding. I just don’t think those catches made that much of a difference. We made plenty of mistakes in both games not to pin the losses on them. Think Usman was the man who should have come back in.
I mean that catch/missed run out most definitely made a difference, but that was a particularly black and white scenario there

I don't want to put a black line through Bancroft but he really does need to go back to Shield cricket and seriously work on his technique before I want to see him picked again.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
is chimney referring to a bat-pad catch? like the ball going up the 'chimney' or something idk

also how's ch9 flogging merch already
Chimney sweeper id say.

Also, yeah that mission accomplished memorabilia is not something that id want to purchase for my home office.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
pros of australia lasting the day: could win the match, TPC probably scores runs
pros of australia collapsing: no more botham on commentary

Spikey

Khawaja being dropped and Harris/Warner playing instead is hilarious, peak Aussie selectors.
the problem was, as I've droned on about, once they decided to drop bancroft for harris, they worked themselves into a problem, because a favourite selection theory is that you can't drop a batter after one test, so while Usman should have stayed in when Smith came back for the 3rd test, he had to go instead. another favourite selection theory is that you shouldn't change a winning team, although this doesn't really apply for bowlers. and you might say well Head was dropped, but his role was dropped, they dropped one batsman for an all-rounder, and so Head went. very rarely does australia drop a batsman for a batsman during a series after they've won a test, and so Harris/Warner stayed in

91Jmay

International Coach
the problem was, as I've droned on about, once they decided to drop bancroft for harris, they worked themselves into a problem, because a favourite selection theory is that you can't drop a batter after one test, so while Usman should have stayed in when Smith came back for the 3rd test, he had to go instead. another favourite selection theory is that you shouldn't change a winning team, although this doesn't really apply for bowlers. and you might say well Head was dropped, but his role was dropped, they dropped one batsman for an all-rounder, and so Head went. very rarely does australia drop a batsman for a batsman during a series after they've won a test, and so Harris/Warner stayed in
I would suggest changing their idiotic favourite selection theories then and just picking their best players.

Spikey

I would suggest changing their idiotic favourite selection theories then and just picking their best players.
Easier said than done. even our very own BoyBrumby was saying it'd be harsh to drop Harris after one test. We still have people say how harshly Ferguson was treated because they did dump him after a test