• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final - India v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain
You're bringing test results from the 1950s into the equation. I'd say nothing is off the table.
I spoke about how Pakistan have usually had the better of New Zealand. Someone replied by using only results from 2011 onwards....in my sentence I didn't cherry pick time periods so every game ever between Pak and NZ is valid. However, talking about Amir's ban is simply an attempt to obfuscate.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
I spoke about how Pakistan have usually had the better of New Zealand. Someone replied by using only results from 2011 onwards....in my sentence I didn't cherry pick time periods so every game ever between Pak and NZ is valid. However, talking about Amir's ban is simply an attempt to obfuscate.
Giving weight to more recent results in the relevant form of cricket not an entirely stupid thing to do. Bringing up a result from over 70 years ago (albeit indirectly) in a different form of cricket kind of is.

Sorry you guys got knocked out. But you have to turn up every time, and that you didn't against the West Indies ultimately cost you. You can harp on about the effect of one match on your NRR, but we all knew the rules coming in.

Last edited:

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Giving weight to more recent results in the relevant form of cricket not an entirely stupid thing to do. Bringing up a result from over 70 years ago (albeit indirectly) in a different form of cricket kind of is.

Sorry you guys got knocked out. But you have to turn up every time, and that you didn't against the West Indies ultimately cost you. You can harp on about the effect of one match on your NRR, but we all knew the rules coming in.
I just said Pakistan have usually had the better of New Zealand. That clearly implies since inception. 2011 is a very arbitrary cut off date. How is 8 years ago recent? Why not 2006? Until their latest test series Pakistan hadnt lost to NZ in NZ for YEARS. In this particularly rivalry, Pakistan have always held the aces, New Zealand's performances Vs a weakened Pakistan over the last 2-3 years notwithstanding....and that is what happened at the WC as well. There is a reason Pakistan are World Champions and teams like England, SA and NZ are not

Hi everyone :) I'm new here and have a few thoughts on the Game between NZ and India. I really hope NZ can make a good game of it and ive put some real thought into the tactics for each team. I made a video covering every aspect of the game and would like to know if you agree or have any other thoughts around the game. Let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJiDWRyTfVw&t=37s

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
There is a reason Pakistan are World Champions and teams like England, SA and NZ are not
And, out of curiosity, that reason is what?

But, yeah, I'd agree you guys have definitely had the better of NZ down the years. Maybe not the recent ones, though, which was kind of the previous poster's point.

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain
And, out of curiosity, that reason is what?

But, yeah, I'd agree you guys have definitely had the better of NZ down the years. Maybe not the recent ones, though, which was kind of the previous poster's point.
England, SA and NZ lack the X factor that is needed to win big tournaments. You need guys like Pointing, Gilchrist, Imran, Inzamam, Viv. England this here have a shot if they can somehow get past Australia.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
England, SA and NZ lack the X factor that is needed to win big tournaments. You need guys like Pointing, Gilchrist, Imran, Inzamam, Viv. England this here have a shot if they can somehow get past Australia.
Fair enough; you definitely do need match-winners in your side to win the big games. Arguably Pakistan had very few or none this year, hence their early bath.

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Fair enough; you definitely do need match-winners in your side to win the big games. Arguably Pakistan had very few or none this year, hence their early bath.
Fair enough although I still think we were screwed over by extenuating circumstances.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Fair enough although I still think we were screwed over by extenuating circumstances.
Oh, you definitely weren't screwed over, Amir. You may have come off worst from the no results, but you weren't completely f**ked over on the whole. The reason Pakistan are out is Pakistan being typically and enigmatically Pakistan. Capable of some good wins and some brutal losses. Win the game v the Windies (or simply don't get belted so badly) and you're in. Only madness lies the way of guessing the results of the two abandoned games to claim you were 'screwed over'. Less of the self-pity!

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
This is just absolute bull****. You’re an India supporter aren’t you?
Can certainly tell you that most indian supporters here would not feel sad if we do not win it a 3rd time. After all, we have experienced it twice. But Australia winning it a 6th time would be such a bitter pill to swallow, very bitter.

Let us have Eng or NZ win it once. Both teams have tried so hard over the last 4 decades and either of them would be deserving winners.

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Can certainly tell you that most indian supporters here would not feel sad if we do not win it a 3rd time. After all, we have experienced it twice. But Australia winning it a 6th time would be such a bitter pill to swallow, very bitter.

Let us have Eng or NZ win it once. Both teams have tried so hard over the last 4 decades and either of them would be deserving winners.
England are NZ are the most undeserving of the 4 semi finalists by far. I hope Aus win their 6th.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia are undeserving because they've pulled an even more extreme version of their usual trick of dicking around for years, before suddenly getting their **** together in a World Cup year

NZ don't deserve it because they've lost 3 on the bounce and only beaten minnows

England don't deserve it because no one likes FTBs

Just hand it over to India and be done with it. :ph34r:

Arachnodouche

International Captain

Speak for yourself. I didn't root for the team just to see them bend over at the final hurdle. I want us to win the whole damn thing.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
England are NZ are the most undeserving of the 4 semi finalists by far. I hope Aus win their 6th.
How the heck are Eng undeserving? So only **** rearguards in tournaments count? Eng beat two other semi finalists to make the cut. They own that no. 3 position.

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain
How the heck are Eng undeserving? So only **** rearguards in tournaments count? Eng beat two other semi finalists to make the cut. They own that no. 3 position.
Sorry I didn't mean it in terms of England's results. But something about how England "magically" got flat decks in ICC tournaments after Bairstow whinged and won 2 tosses in must win games doesn't sit right with me. Even Kohli commented about how the boundary dimensions seemed to have changed presumably to negate Kuldeep and Chahal.