• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Indian Premier League 2018

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone playing fantasy league? Almost everyone has put Pant today. Should put Short tomorrow or Lungi if Short is not available. Worried about Saturday. De Kock shouldn’t get out.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pant's so angry at himself for running two guys out that he's decided to go at everything. Good viewing lol.

vcs

Anyone playing fantasy league? Almost everyone has put Pant today. Should put Short tomorrow or Lungi if Short is not available. Worried about Saturday. De Kock shouldn’t get out.
Pant may not be a good fit for everyone. Looks a bit tight today. :ph34r:

Daemon

Reverse sweeping Rashid twice and then reverse scooping Bhuvi three ****ing times. Kid is ballsy as ****.

Last edited:

Daemon

That's one of the most fun innings I've ever seen. He really puts everything into his big hits. Does the whole Raina thing where his bat ends up going over his shoulder and hitting his bum every ball.

vcs

When I look at Delhi's team this year, it looks quite OK to me. But they're always at the bottom. Seems like being crap is in their DNA.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Daemon

It works for some people. AB has 20 minute throwdowns for training while Amla gets hours and hours of drills in. Much of the game is played in the head. It's not like he'll never practice batting ever again.

karthikind

Cricket Spectator
Can the umpire call noball if some close-in fielders shout/talk after bowler bowls and the batsman is half way into the shot? If the batsman feels distracted and apeals...

I am often having a debate with my friends... My friends are saying it will be a dead ball and I am saying it will be a no ball... I felt that the fielding team always speaks something if there is no penaility

Jack1

International Debutant
Can the umpire call noball if some close-in fielders shout/talk after bowler bowls and the batsman is half way into the shot? If the batsman feels distracted and apeals...

I am often having a debate with my friends... My friends are saying it will be a dead ball and I am saying it will be a no ball... I felt that the fielding team always speaks something if there is no penaility
Far as I’m aware If batsman hit boundary nothing happens. But it batsman gets out and umpire felt he was distracted then it will be dead ball and not out.

cnerd123

likes this

Far as I’m aware If batsman hit boundary nothing happens. But it batsman gets out and umpire felt he was distracted then it will be dead ball and not out.
This falls under Law 41 - Unfair Play, under the latest set of MCC Laws

Basically if you attempt to distract the batsman before the batsman receives the ball (Law 41.4), the umpire should
> Call and signal Dead Ball
> Award 5 penalty runs to the batting side
> Report it

If you attempt to distract the batsman after he has received the ball (Law 41.5), the umpire should:
> Call and signal Dead Ball as soon as it happens
> Make it clear the batsman is not to be dismissed off this delivery (so if he was bowled, or caught, or anything else, it doesn't count)
> Award 5 penalty runs to the batting side
> This ball won't count as one for the over - make sure the scorers and players know this
> All runs completed before the offence + runs in progress (regardless of if the batsmen cross or not) are credited to the batting side
> All other relevant penalty runs apply
> The batsmen in the middle get to decide who takes strike
> Report the incident

The full laws (41.4 and 41.5) can be found on the MCC website.