• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bending back problems

TheGreatest

U19 Cricketer
I'm 35 years old. I have not played much cricket in my childhood, but last year, since the opening of an indoor sports center in my area I have started practicing how to bowl (seam bowling). Gladly due to hours of practice I have developed a basic action, but the only problem I'm currently facing is I cant bend my back. Due to this I cant bowl on a good or short of a length. I can only bowl full with very little pace.

Can anyone recommend me any drills or exercises which can help me in bending my back. Overall. I have decent fitness levels, I run/sprint three times a week, do moderate squats/deadlifts and some core exercises like different plank variations.

cnerd123

likes this
Do yoga.

Stretch.

Try and touch your toes.

Bowling length is a conscious effort for some. Look at the spot in the pitch you want the ball to land, and visualise yourself slamming the ball into it. You can't float the ball down at a short length. You got to really dig it in.