• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
It'd be great fun to see Reigns at #1, Lesnar at #2, and the 'draw' rigged to have all the big guys in early etc.

Then Lesnar and Reigns keep clearing house in order to get the chance to beat the **** out of each other.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Gotta give credit where it's due, Becky vs Charlotte has been good the last few weeks. Funny how it coincides with them stopping that 'divas revolution' crap and working an actual story.
They stopped saying Divas Revolution a few months ago.

And while the story lines have been pretty flat until Charlotte turned heel, we actually haven't had a bad PPV Divas match since the revolution.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It'd be great fun to see Reigns at #1, Lesnar at #2, and the 'draw' rigged to have all the big guys in early etc.

Then Lesnar and Reigns keep clearing house in order to get the chance to beat the **** out of each other.
That would put too much focus on two guys instead of spreading out all the individual feuds properly imo. It's why the 99 rumble sucked.

Niall

International Coach
They stopped saying Divas Revolution a few months ago.

And while the story lines have been pretty flat until Charlotte turned heel, we actually haven't had a bad PPV Divas match since the revolution.
We also haven't had a divas match which the crowd gave a damn about either, the absolute non reaction of the survivor series crowd to her match with Paige was frightening. Charlotte thanks to Ric and Becky is finally getting some heat so hopefully we start getting some PPV matches with a little more atmosphere.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
We also haven't had a divas match which the crowd gave a damn about either, the absolute non reaction of the survivor series crowd to her match with Paige was frightening. Charlotte thanks to Ric and Becky is finally getting some heat so we should get a somewhat interested crowd on Sunday. However if we don't, they may have to take the title off her and give it back to the Bellas, for all their flaws, at least they regularly got solid reactions whether face or heel.
I don't agree with that at all. The crowd support is still low but they're still getting a far far far superior match reactions to pre-revolution PPV matches.

The Bellas definitely get some decent pops but very rarely do they engage the audience for a match, nor are they ever really given time. I don't hate the Bellas, and I think they're underrated by the smark community but suggesting the MITB Bella vs Paige or the Elimination Chamber triple threat, Bella vs Naomi and Paige or the Extreme Rules Bella vs. Naomi or the Fastlane Bella vs Paige matches got ANY kind of reaction like Charlotte vs. Nikki I, II or Charlotte vs. Paige I, II is silly.

Raw/Smackdown? Sure. I'm with you, they've struggled to stay consistently interesting, but PPV time? It's been a MASSIVE difference. Match quality and story telling is way way up.

Niall

International Coach
I don't agree with that at all. The crowd support is still low but they're still getting a far far far superior match reactions to pre-revolution PPV matches.

The Bellas definitely get some decent pops but very rarely do they engage the audience for a match, nor are they ever really given time. I don't hate the Bellas, and I think they're underrated by the smark community but suggesting the MITB Bella vs Paige or the Elimination Chamber triple threat, Bella vs Naomi and Paige or the Extreme Rules Bella vs. Naomi or the Fastlane Bella vs Paige matches got ANY kind of reaction like Charlotte vs. Nikki I, II or Charlotte vs. Paige I, II is silly.

Raw/Smackdown? Sure. I'm with you, they've struggled to stay consistently interesting, but PPV time? It's been a MASSIVE difference. Match quality and story telling is way way up.

Their is nothing wrong whatsoever with the Survivor Series match from a technical viewpoint whatsoever, but after the Reid comments and all the media outrage over it, it just seemed silly they went out and wrestled such a match. It should have been a war, and I think that is what the crowd expected and instead they got a really technical match and they hated it. It would have benefited from been much shorter and a little more spontaneous.

I can't remember much of the TLC match tbh, pretty sure the crowd could not have cared less either. I should revisit it later in the week to confirm though.

Anyway at least they copped on and made Charlotte heel, she has some sort of chance now, as a face she was doomed.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I think people forget how terrible woman wrestling has always been and are basically just criticizing it like they would anything else on the roster now.

Which is really a coup in itself.

Trish/Lita/Molly Holly never did anything this good. Outside the two big Lita/Trish matches

Niall

International Coach
Na, a couple cool spots but pretty rubbish at todays workrate standards. Nikki Bella > Trish Stratus as a wrestler
Maybe so, but at least the crowd were actually invested in those those matches. None of the current era have came close to getting that heat whatsoever especially Charlotte as her matches with Paige proved.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Bizarre argument IMO, crowds just aren't as hot for the product all round. The direct comparison is to what was happening in terms of audience participation directly prior to the NXT girls coming up, the crowds are more involved since then. They're not suddenly going to be those great late 90s early 00s crowds that would friggin go nuts for a guy carrying a fake head.

Niall

International Coach
Bizarre argument IMO, crowds just aren't as hot for the product all round. The direct comparison is to what was happening in terms of audience participation directly prior to the NXT girls coming up, the crowds are more involved since then. They're not suddenly going to be those great late 90s early 00s crowds that would friggin go nuts for a guy carrying a fake head.
As I have not watched Raw properly in a bit, you could be right, but judging from recent PPV's I don't think so. Charlotte's matches have been heatless, not just compared to the days of Lita etc, but even compared to the Bellas. Who knows with Ric involved and Becky as an opponent and Bailey to come up, maybe she might start drawing some sort of heat at PPV. I think she is insanely overrated, but haven't totally given up on her just yet as so many people whose opinion I rate think she is awesome. They can't be all wrong!:)

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Nah, the crowd got behind her in moments in her face run, and her first PPV match vs. Paige was a face as well and Paige did get a bit of heat. The Charlotte tweener/becoming heel vs. Paige tweener/ becoming not so much of a dick 2nd match drew the most confused reactions so far but it was still definitely more vocal than any of those other pre-NXT PPV Diva matches I listed.

Charlotte is getting really really good heat on Raw lately. Ever since she fully turned heel on Becky on the 4th it's done wonders for Becky as a face and Charlotte as a heel. I mean you'd have to watch both Raw and Smackdown to notice but they're getting some of the biggest, and on one smackdown THE BIGGEST reactions so far this year.

Charlotte is definitely a pretty bland face, but she is solid enough on the mic when she has decent material to feed on, and she has probably broken the record for Meltzer star ratings for a woman on the Main roster since her call up.

The womans division might not be brilliant, must watch TV. But it's improved markedly.

Niall

International Coach
Think we are going to have to agree to disagree here!

Its not fair for me to slag her too much as I haven't watched enough Raw recently where from all accounts she is doing well, but I still believe her matches with Paige were heatless! :D

But India v Aus and Fed v Dolg is about to start. so we can continue this debate some other day. :)

Spikey

Gonna do the draw for the pool tonight/tomorrow. Putting both of Niall & Marcuss in but they're getting only 1 entry each ( that was the easiest [and laziest] way for me to do it)

sledger
OverratedSanity
Spikey
GIMH
Jono, who hasn't watched wrestling since 2005
duffer
Athlai
andmark
King Pietersen
Manee
Dan
Shri
Agent TBY
Pratters
Niall (1 entry only)
Marcuss (1 entry only)

Spikey

Things to look out for:

- The guy who gets the winner (duh)
- The guy who gets AJ (and also other surprise entrants)
- The guy who gets the guy who eliminates the most people (So the guy who gets Roman)
- The guy who gets the guy who is eliminated the quickest

and probably other stuff