• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Good to read that Bangladesh grinded it out and didn't throw the wickets away. Tamim's 250 ball inning is the longest in his career. From the Cricinfo report, also looks like the pitch isn't your usual flat track. The more Zimbabwe and Bangladesh play such games, the better it is for their players.

African Monkey

U19 Vice-Captain
It's been 4 and a half years, but Tamim finally scores another test century. Not only is it good for him, but also Bangladesh cricket in general as they need Tamim firing on all cylinders.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
Bangladesh since 2012 have posted scores of 600, 500, 400 several times so I do not understand how they won't score 400 in next 30 innings. Anyway, Bangladesh are simply cruising and definitely won't lose this. Just need to see how Zimbabwe bat. Shocking why Shakib is ranked world number 3 in the all-rounder rankings. He's without doubt way superior to the current top 2 ranked all-rounders for tests who are not even in top 10 in the all-rounder rankings for limited overs.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Sounds like an absolute cracker of an innings from Masakadza. Zimbabwe an outside chance now to get a first innings lead.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm more excited about Chakabva's innings. Not because he's better than Masakadza or ever will be, but because I didn't think he had this in him. He must've been really working on his play of spin because it used to be pretty awful in general; if he was going to approach a Test ton I would've thought it'd be against a different opposition actually.

Midwinter

State Captain
So the expected collaspe has happened, Zims losing 5/32

Banga's not taking advantage tho'
Is it good Zim bowling or poor Banga batting ?

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
Waller action looks suspect. Rahim is a joke. The guy is the best batsman technically yet bats at 6. Give up the gloves and bat at 3 for the teams sake. Tamim at 1, Rahim at 3 and Shakib at 5 provides great stability to the fragile batting.

Congrats to Shakib for this RARE and DIFFICULT achievement of scoring a test 100 and taking a 5 wicket haul in the same innings. This is his 2nd btw. He previously done this back in 11 against Pakistan. I believe only Botham has more. How Philander and Ashwin are ranked above Shakib in tests is laughable.

Anyway regarding match situation, Bangladesh with currently over 260 run lead needs to bat at least another 10-15 overs and gain somewhere around 300-330 so a draw is pretty much guaranteed. The pitch is not really doing nothing naughty and the only problem is the variable bounce where some balls stay really low. Zimbabwe have it all to do but all 3 results are still possible but I just can't see Zimbabwe winning this on a 5th day. Draw looks favourite anyway.

African Monkey

U19 Vice-Captain
Waller action looks suspect. Rahim is a joke. The guy is the best batsman technically yet bats at 6. Give up the gloves and bat at 3 for the teams sake. Tamim at 1, Rahim at 3 and Shakib at 5 provides great stability to the fragile batting.

Congrats to Shakib for this RARE and DIFFICULT achievement of scoring a test 100 and taking a 5 wicket haul in the same innings. This is his 2nd btw. He previously done this back in 11 against Pakistan. I believe only Botham has more. How Philander and Ashwin are ranked above Shakib in tests is laughable.

Anyway regarding match situation, Bangladesh with currently over 260 run lead needs to bat at least another 10-15 overs and gain somewhere around 300-330 so a draw is pretty much guaranteed. The pitch is not really doing nothing naughty and the only problem is the variable bounce where some balls stay really low. Zimbabwe have it all to do but all 3 results are still possible but I just can't see Zimbabwe winning this on a 5th day. Draw looks favourite anyway.
I think Mominul needs to be at 4, with Mahmudullah at 3. Mushfiqur batting down there gives the batting a bit of depth so I don't have much of an issue with him batting down there especially for a team like this.

On the game itself, this is an important innings for Shuvagata Hom. A good not out here could help cement his spot in the side for the next little while. Looks like a draw coming up but you never know with these two sides.