• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Have got three mates into BT, really helped me keep interest.

That and buying back Read.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I wouldn't say I'm entirely bored of BT, just not much going on at the moment. Have enough of an interest though to keep going though, not like it's taking heaps of time out of my life.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Looking forward to the BT20 league. Trainings on Saturday might be good for FC and OD. But it going to kill the Cup comp. Your going to see a fair few sides throw Cup games as their PFL will be too low to play if guys are getting trained.

Disappointed to see no real attentioned placed on any changes to International game though.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
End of Over 21: 100-4, runrate=4.76, reqrunrate=5.69 (264-10)
Erasmus 1-0-4-1
Jackson* 52 (52 balls)
Govender 0 (0 balls)
Last Wicket: Briggs b. Erasmus 5 (FOW: 100/4)

Cup game, would be an easy win, but Michael Jackson is gunning it. Might turn out to be a bit of a thriller.

NZTailender

End of Over 21: 100-4, runrate=4.76, reqrunrate=5.69 (264-10)
Erasmus 1-0-4-1
Jackson* 52 (52 balls)
Govender 0 (0 balls)
Last Wicket: Briggs b. Erasmus 5 (FOW: 100/4)

Cup game, would be an easy win, but Michael Jackson is gunning it. Might turn out to be a bit of a thriller.
That was bad.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Like what?

"Like the international matches or we'll ban you"
Something like separating the PFL hits between International matches and Club matches would be a start. Also making it a bit more realistic to afford to have NT players without being a farm side also help. A new ratings system would also help and not to mention morale for NT sides. Heven forbid they ever play Tests.

I can understand the major issue with lots of players leaving the game is due to the game getting boring and the changes made might help improve the interest factor. The changes to FC and BT20 have the potential to add something extra to the game. It might actually be possible to compete on a couple fronts at full strength, with these changes.

The game loses lots of managers due to a side going bankrupt trying to keep NT players or lose interest as the only way to have NT players is basically have a one man side that only plays in half your matches.

No doubt the borden factor and how poorly organised FC and BT20 were implemented were the major issues that needed to be resolved. But it would have been nice if they looked at ways to keep the International game improving.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
You can't loosen the weight of high wages by higher subsidies, all that will do is make the better sides even better as someone like Pob picks up two massive wage NT players and can afford them easily, increasing the gap from Div 1 - Div 3 in the bigger countries.

The PFL thing is probably a good idea, but I think it would only really have an effect on u-19's, we'd probably see some hectic u-19 performers if that was brought in (and it should be IMO).

I personally think there should be another teir of representatives beneath the NATs for State and Provincial matches. They're there for a reason and should be implemented. Squads made up of players not in the NATs, creates more interest as there are more players playing reps and having a chance. Maybe these players would get a 50% subsidy or something of the sort, maybe only 25%. Would certainly add to the rep scene and would get many more people involved, with an obvious knock-on to the NATs.

NZTailender

Yeah, state/province cricket would add an extra interesting dimension. Have never been overly keen on being a NAT manager, but wouldn't mind having a go at managing a state side.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
You can't loosen the weight of high wages by higher subsidies, all that will do is make the better sides even better as someone like Pob picks up two massive wage NT players and can afford them easily, increasing the gap from Div 1 - Div 3 in the bigger countries.

The PFL thing is probably a good idea, but I think it would only really have an effect on u-19's, we'd probably see some hectic u-19 performers if that was brought in (and it should be IMO).

I personally think there should be another teir of representatives beneath the NATs for State and Provincial matches. They're there for a reason and should be implemented. Squads made up of players not in the NATs, creates more interest as there are more players playing reps and having a chance. Maybe these players would get a 50% subsidy or something of the sort, maybe only 25%. Would certainly add to the rep scene and would get many more people involved, with an obvious knock-on to the NATs.
With regard to increasing subsidies I'm only talking a relative increase to take in account the increase in overal wages of NT players compared to players just below the NT. Say going from 33% to 40%. 50% would be over the top and just make the top sides buy in a lot of NT players.

The PFL thing would have a massive impact on club managers of NT players, especially one still getting trained or all rounders. For NT managers PFL aren't generally a major issue as you can just rotate the squad and play trainees on Wesdesday. But for club managers the players come back and by Friday they are still a knacked. Even if you rested them for FC, Cup and Friendly matches. Basically they are useless at club level with the current system.

State/Provincials would be nice. But unless they sort out PFL issues. Then all it would mean is more players will just be knacked as alot of those players will still be getting trained.

Though the real sad thing is that if i read the weekly calender right. They are just going to reduce NT matches from two per week to one.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
I just thought I'd share this, that Pob posted in sledging. It's a post by Scaly on the FTP forums:

31 Aug 08 - Legendary Shafting
Just when you think FTP is improving along comes the biggest pile of crap you've ever seen. As if luck alone wasn't enough I now have to compete with a lot less money than I should have due to being knocked out of the cup early by a messed up match engine.

If only Bangladesh's battery of nothing bowlers played in the FTP world, then they'd be bowling out the top sides in 39 overs on a 250+ wicket.
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...

NZTailender

Neale Gleeson - 22 yo, BT Rating=89,474
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, strong batting form, proficient bowling form, invigorated fitness.
A destructive player with respectable leadership skills and respectable experience.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: feeble
Bowling: exquisite Consistency: exquisite
Fielding: mediocre

Nicolas Dhindsa - 21 yo, BT Rating=50,199
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, respectable bowling form, energetic fitness.
An attacking player with woeful leadership skills and competent experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: exceptional Concentration: wonderful
Bowling: worthless Consistency: feeble
Fielding: feeble

Jimmy Knowles - 21 yo, BT Rating=50,681
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, mediocre batting form, proficient bowling form, energetic fitness.
An attacking player with mediocre leadership skills and mediocre experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: woeful
Bowling: exquisite Consistency: remarkable
Fielding: woeful

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
Scaly is hilarious on the FTP forums. It's not intentional but still funny.

Grady Hussein - 18 yo, BT Rating=36,518
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, moderate fitness.
An attacking player with abysmal leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: worthless Concentration: respectable
Bowling: quality Consistency: superb

Bobisback

International Regular
5. Gene Brinkhuys - 20 yo, BT Rating=51,628 shortcut
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated fitness.
A steady player with feeble leadership skills and mediocre experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: sensational Concentration: remarkable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: woeful

Decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.