• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hey guys, question, on FM07 does retraining a player's position ever work much? And does it ever actually show on his main position if it is a success or does it just show on the positions page?

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
yeah it does i've retrained plenty of players but if you stop retraining the postion it goes away so...

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
:@ FM07 can be so annoying at times. For a while I was cruising to victory in almost every game I played (usually 3 or 4-0) and then out of the blue in one game I had a guy sent off in the 8th minute and was 4-0 down by half time. Since then, I've churned out a couple of wins but had some other shocking results - it seems that the same players in the same formation can no longer score goals, or keep them out at the other end...

Retox

State Vice-Captain
Started a Inter Milan game a few weeks ago.
Serie A: Winners
Euro Championship: Semi Final
Italian Super Cup: Winners
Italian Cup: Winners

Screenshot is of my team just before my second season.
People I brought in for this season:
Daniel Alves
Salomon Kalou
Gianluca Zambrotta
Maitheu Flamini (Is on loan but just accepted a contract (cover for my DM spot who keep getting hurt)

Mordic and Bresciano give so many assists it's awesome

Attachments

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:@ FM07 can be so annoying at times. For a while I was cruising to victory in almost every game I played (usually 3 or 4-0) and then out of the blue in one game I had a guy sent off in the 8th minute and was 4-0 down by half time. Since then, I've churned out a couple of wins but had some other shocking results - it seems that the same players in the same formation can no longer score goals, or keep them out at the other end...
CM01/02 ftw.

Shipston Excelsior in the Premiership after 4 seasons + 1 FA Cup win. Yeesss, although haven't won a game in the first 4 games of my first Prem season, 3 draws 1 loss.

Johnners

My Birmingham game file decided to give up the ghost yesterday for some unknown reason. So I decided to start a game as the Holland manager, having never managed a country before. Now after winning Euro (won 5-4 on penalties against England) I've joined AZ Alkmaar for the '08/'09 season.

Craig

World Traveller
My Cittadella career is going alright so far, I enjoyed a 4-2 win over the PSG Reserve side and a 5-0 trashing of the Manchester United Reserve side (here I was thinking I would get beaten), a 2-1 win over Legnano in the Serie C Cup and a a nice 5-1 over Paganese at home. Brought a lot of players in and players from Slovakia and Slovenia do the trick.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Nothing like some good old aquaplaning.

Morale is probably the problem, in which case just use the press, and make apporpriate comments about the recent form of the players that need a boost.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Started a Inter Milan game a few weeks ago.
Serie A: Winners
Euro Championship: Semi Final
Italian Super Cup: Winners
Italian Cup: Winners

Screenshot is of my team just before my second season.
People I brought in for this season:
Daniel Alves
Salomon Kalou
Gianluca Zambrotta
Maitheu Flamini (Is on loan but just accepted a contract (cover for my DM spot who keep getting hurt)

Mordic and Bresciano give so many assists it's awesome
surprised that the formation you uses works tbh.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Yes, so am I, looking at it.

FM08, 4-2-3-1 is the only formation I've ever used, don't spend a lot of time on tactics, only slight tweaks using the scout report really, and put the mentality on as attacking as I can realistically be in the situation.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Like you I pay slight attention to the scout reports and tweak things very slightly, and occasionally throw on an extra midfielder/striker when I really need to push for a result, but otherwise i'm not big on fiddling with the tactics. If the team isnt playing well I find the best thing to do is drop the players who arent pulling their weight, and then reintroduce them after a few games on the bench.

Retox

State Vice-Captain
surprised that the formation you uses works tbh.
Ibrahimovic, Bresciano & Modric are the big reasons why it works.

I would have won the euro championship but when I signed Modric & Bresciano both cup tied :(

This years Group Stage has me, Man Utd (Seeded second but won EPL) HSV and Rapid

And the only tactics I use is change each players instructions to say GK for GK and Striker for Striker

Johnners

I generally only play using a 4-1-2-2-1 formation, which has worked surprisingly well. The only formation I'll ever alter to is 4-1-2-1-2.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Ibrahimovic, Bresciano & Modric are the big reasons why it works.

I would have won the euro championship but when I signed Modric & Bresciano both cup tied

This years Group Stage has me, Man Utd (Seeded second but won EPL) HSV and Rapid

And the only tactics I use is change each players instructions to say GK for GK and Striker for Striker
it doesnt surprise me that you manage to score a decent amount of goals, what surprises me is the fact that you dont concede an awful lot, seeing as you only have two centre backs, and 3 players sat in front of them who have been given instructions to bomb forward, but if it works then hey, kudos.

Retox

State Vice-Captain
it doesnt surprise me that you manage to score a decent amount of goals, what surprises me is the fact that you dont concede an awful lot, seeing as you only have two centre backs, and 3 players sat in front of them who have been given instructions to bomb forward, but if it works then hey, kudos.
I think I had like 10-15goals in the Serie A against me.

I think the reason is everyone (apart from the two backs) is moving forward so I'm always in the other teams half. And we keep the ball LOTS and I mean lots

I don't see how it worked I only used it in the second half of the season (wing backs didn't run forward and two mid fielders and two wingers not two wingers and a AM)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
yeah, found that out the hard way with my fiorentina game, inter absolutely ran away with the first season, though strangely they only came second to Palermo in the next year...only just begun year 3....stupidly Milan have bought about 5 new central midfielders, all costing in excess of £20m and failed to qualify for the champions league.

Retox

State Vice-Captain
yeah, found that out the hard way with my fiorentina game, inter absolutely ran away with the first season, though strangely they only came second to Palermo in the next year...only just begun year 3....stupidly Milan have bought about 5 new central midfielders, all costing in excess of £20m and failed to qualify for the champions league.
Thinking of a Palermo game TBH. Some real talent in the ranks and have a UEFA Cup spot I think

Milan starts good but can't keep up (Old) and Fiorentina always gives me the hardest games.