• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web's New Design

masterblaster

International Captain
Top stuff guys. Makes me miss the time that I was part of the staff. Brilliant move in getting Chris Taylor and Andrew Gale in writing for the site. This gives the site so much credibility and a great perspective from a cricketer's point of view.

Thumbs up all round.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Top stuff guys. Makes me miss the time that I was part of the staff.
I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone in saying you'd be more than welcome to apply for your job back. :)

Anyway, this new design is superb IMO (though new looks that have been well-penned rarely fail to please the eye). This darker blue in the forum looks good too, amazing how such a small change can make things look different.

Always good to keep things fresh.

Rich2001

International Captain
Top stuff guys. Makes me miss the time that I was part of the staff. Brilliant move in getting Chris Taylor and Andrew Gale in writing for the site. This gives the site so much credibility and a great perspective from a cricketer's point of view.

Thumbs up all round.
Yeah very good of them to agree & very happy to have them on board, should be a intresting read :happy:

Must say that all the players we approached over the past few months have been very positive about Cricket Web so like you say good signs.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This new Berita looks impressive too, looking forward to finding my way around that, having already had to emergency test the thing. :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, was thinking that, am guessing Corey (T_C) and le will be being re-branded with their Staff Member titles very soon? And Rob (Prince) and Rodders (nev c) given theirs for the first time.

BTW, nice comeback article from Corey too I should add.
So much to congratulate so many people for. :)

Rich2001

International Captain
BTW, on that subject... where do we access the news archive now?
With the change in the way we are doing the news, the archive has been temp' disabled while it gets an overhaul to combine the two different styles.

It will be returning though :happy:

masterblaster

International Captain
I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone in saying you'd be more than welcome to apply for your job back. :)
Thanks mate. Would love to come back as a opinion/blog writer. Don't think I have the stamina of writing whole match reviews after doing hundreds of them over 2002 - 2005. Could possibly do short news snippets but writing opinion pieces on the odd occasion would be really cool.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well at the current time, that's actually all that anyone's doing! :) Updates and match reports are not part of the new setup.

So get in touch with James and I'm sure he'll fill you in on the updated situation. (The Join The Team form is another thing I'm not currently aware of the location of :unsure:) EDIT: here it is but I'd guess an "old insider" like you would be best off just emailing the boss anyway TBH.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Interesting that you've brought on board two pros to do a column. Not too sure how different a view you'll get from two players from the same country and the same club.

Plans for other nations' cricketers? I'd love to read a column by a domestic Sri Lankan cricketer, for example. It'd be interesting to see if we'd see any differences in perceptions and actions between domestic cricketers of different nations.