• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Finals

Dissector

International Debutant
Pakistan and India topping their two groups; quite astonishing stuff.

Pakistan versus NZ
India versus Australia

I predict an Australia-Pakistan final with Australia winning.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol at everyone's predictions in this thread. I honestly was going through this thread yesterday and I was really getting pissed at everyone writing off India :p, but then I didn't say anything/much then, I just let it be, I was like I'll wait till tomorrow, and will just let India's performance do the talking. And thank you India :cool:.

And yes Fusion that would be a dream come true, India vs Pakistan Final. Will be mind blowing stuff. I am confident though Pak will beat NZL, but India will have to play some great cricket to really beat the Aussies.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Lol at everyone's predictions in this thread. I honestly was going through this thread yesterday and I was really getting pissed at everyone writing off India :p, but then I didn't say anything/much then, I just let it be, I was like I'll wait till tomorrow, and will just let India's performance do the talking. And thank you India :cool:.

And yes Fusion that would be a dream come true, India vs Pakistan Final. Will be mind blowing stuff. I am confident though Pak will beat NZL, but India will have to play some great cricket to really beat the Aussies.
Strangely its India's bowlers who have won it for India. Two matches out of three have been absolutely ruined (almost) by the batsmen but the bowlers have bailed us out.

R_D

International Debutant
Strangely its India's bowlers who have won it for India. Two matches out of three have been absolutely ruined (almost) by the batsmen but the bowlers have bailed us out.
I think its been bit like that for a while now... India's bowling is pretty under-rated while the batting is over-rated a bit. India's bowlers look real good when conditions are in their favour and when they are not they just look really terrible.

haroon510

International 12th Man
last time india got lucky but they won't be lucky again playing against pakistan... thier win was a fluke against pakistan... pakistan deserve that win honestly more than india

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I predict an India v Pakistan Final.

Pakistan should overcome NZ comfortably if they don't get over confidant being the only unbeaten team in 20/20 World Cup. (Everyone else having lost 2 games (Australia, NZ) or 1 (India) ).

India can beat Australia provided they think that they can beat the Aussies and turn up with a positive mindset, unlike Sri Lanka, whose top 2 cm of Head space gives up when they see Australia as the opposition.:laugh:

jeevan

International 12th Man
This Indian team doesnt have much experience

of losing to Australia. That perhaps is their best chance, kind of like the Zimbabwe team.

PakPowered

School Boy/Girl Captain
hope fully it will take PAK 50 years to beat us in any format of WORLD CUP :)

but one thing i have to say, for the first time since i have started watching cricket i would like pak to win a tournament if india cannot.
I would say that if India manages to beat Aus in Semis, then they are likely to win cup even if they face Pak in final.I'm saying this not coz of India having psychological advantage over pak , but coz India would have the momentum with them.

Aso the way Pakistan drop their game level against Bang was a disgrace, if they cannot be consistent with their performance then they don't deserve to win the tour.

PakPowered

School Boy/Girl Captain
Pakistan and India topping their two groups; quite astonishing stuff.

Pakistan versus NZ
India versus Australia

I predict an Australia-Pakistan final with Australia winning.
Not just simply winning against Pak, but thrashing them.

I sincerely wish that India beat Aus in semis, i simply cannot see Aus win yet another tournament.

biased indian

International Coach
I would say that if India manages to beat Aus in Semis, then they are likely to win cup even if they face Pak in final.I'm saying this not coz of India having psychological advantage over pak , but coz India would have the momentum with them.

Aso the way Pakistan drop their game level against Bang was a disgrace, if they cannot be consistent with their performance then they don't deserve to win the tour.
agree with you i have afeeling the winner of the tournamnet will be from the
IND VS AUS semi

but you never know its pakistan wht u r talking about :)