• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Second Round Group E - South Africa, India, New Zealand, England

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Prior been taken to hospital for x-rays on a thumb after an incident involving Moores throwdowns.

Could this be the best thing Moores has ever done for England? Yes. Yes it could.

Unfortunately it is Solanki that is on standby to take over the gloves.
Noooooooooooooooooo :(! I hope he'll be okay for the game against India ;)!

Athlai

Not Terrible
You can borrow Hopkins, even if he does drop a few and give away his wicket for NZ its no more than what Prior would do.

biased indian

International Coach
agreed...Agarakar is so useless its unbelievable. I dont see any logic in keeping him in the side....in fact, i dont want to see him anywhere near the indian squad TBH...
if he was not in team and we had a much younger guy we might have been the youngest side in the tournament...:)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
if he was not in team and we had a much younger guy we might have been the youngest side in the tournament...:)
We would be better off if we just dropped him and played with ten. Our average age would drop further if divided by 11 :)

Athlai

Not Terrible
A vital game here for England, and Prior is probably out so it could be VERY interesting, who's opening? Who's keeping?
I hope the Kiwi's keep Patel despite that 20 run over (field was in mind you).

Can't call it either way, we've looked alright so far but Flintoff is a great bowler in the shorter formats, Pietersen can run away with games too.
Really looking forward to this. Backing my side but really, flip a coin. (And get rid of a bowler FFS England! )

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
BBC confirms via the ticker on its sport page that Prior is out of the remainder of the tournament. God does exist. Maybe God could also find an England-qualified keeper currently also in South Africa.

pasag

RTDAS
Very high quality bowling from England. NZ are missing class in their lineup, ie Fleming. Disgrace he wasn't picked.

Athlai

Not Terrible
A third of the runs off the first 10 overs came from Mascarenhas's over there. A 20 run over bringing NZ up to the impressive figures of a run a ball after 10.

:mellow: