• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket....er...what?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It might be Dutch-derived, but it's still been spoken in Africa for centuries... so it's not really much different to Nguni or Sotho.

atisha_ro

U19 12th Man
speaking of cricket and ladies, I have a friend, Jodo Buddhist priest, who was amused by my ball-by-ball accounts on messenger during the world cup and said that, if anything, he would like to watch women playing, of course not very much dressed.
and I found a bikini cricket clip (from an Aussie site) to make him happy :D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What? The colour of the skin of those who most typically speak them?

That's the only difference I can see, and personally I don't tend to take the blindest bit of notice of the colour of someone's skin.

Fiery

Banned
What? The colour of the skin of those who most typically speak them?

That's the only difference I can see, and personally I don't tend to take the blindest bit of notice of the colour of someone's skin.
But that's the obvious difference that you seem to prefer to ignore. Not sure why, unless you think it's racist somehow which is a bit ridiculous tbh

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I prefer to take absolutely no notice of anything relating to colour of skin... the only way racism will ever be completely eradicated is if people just don't even notice that.

Afrikaans, Nguni, Sotho, Zulu... I just don't see the point in calling any of them more "African" than another. They're all spoken in Africa and have been for centuries. If you go back far enough it's possible to say virtually nothing is any more "native" than anything else.

Anyway... I'm not keen on discussing this on CW TBH, given that last time I somehow accused someone of racial stereotypes. :)

Fiery

Banned
I prefer to take absolutely no notice of anything relating to colour of skin... the only way racism will ever be completely eradicated is if people just don't even notice that.

Afrikaans, Nguni, Sotho, Zulu... I just don't see the point in calling any of them more "African" than another. They're all spoken in Africa and have been for centuries. If you go back far enough it's possible to say virtually nothing is any more "native" than anything else.

Anyway... I'm not keen on discussing this on CW TBH, given that last time I somehow accused someone of racial stereotypes. :)
*sighs*...ok

atisha_ro

U19 12th Man
sticking to the title of the thread - how would you describe cricket in a single line... if asked "cricket... er... what?" :)