• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Trescothick be dropped?????

Should trescothick be dropped?

• Yes

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • No

Votes: 40 62.5%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters

Nishant

International 12th Man
if england don't want to drop trescothick for the ashes, fair enough! But they must do something about the ODI situation! Why not give cook a chance. So far as i can remember, he did well last time in an ODI.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Nishant said:
if england don't want to drop trescothick for the ashes, fair enough! But they must do something about the ODI situation!
Maybe, but leaving out the only English batsman with ODI centuries (or does Strauss have one? Was only against Bangladesh anyway), if he wants to play, is not the way to go about it.

Oh, and to Langeveldt's point: What's the best way of getting away from depression? Laughing with people who like your company, that's what. Not lock yourself inside a cave, because that only makes it worse.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not sure if I'd want someone who is mentally weak in my team to defend the Ashes...

Nishant

International 12th Man
Voltman said:
I'm not sure if I'd want someone who is mentally weak in my team to defend the Ashes...

Thats a good point! If he is quite mentally ill, then why is he playing in the ashes. I mean, the difference between the tour dats of the CT and the ashes is just a few weeks ( o.k. maybe a bit more than that). Has he just made a miraculous recovery???

Nishant

International 12th Man
Sorry to seem so negative about the guy, but for some reason, i don't respect him as much these days!!

magsi23

U19 Debutant
Nishant said:
Sorry to seem so negative about the guy, but for some reason, i don't respect him as much these days!!
Dont blame you mate, He was once upon a time deputy to Vaughan, and next in line to be captain, but he screwed it and has only him self to blame

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Banger for me has been England's most succesfull batsman in the last few years, period. He has hit a lean patch recently, and hasn't made runs, but you just can't drop him. He did scored 100 against Sri Lanka at Lords this summer, and wasn't completely awful later on. Think about how well be batted in the '05 Ashes, and then reconsider whether he should stay.

_TiGeR-ToWn_

U19 Debutant
He adds a wealth of experience to the team that is so young compared to the Australians. I would keep the bloke for at least this series, then re-asses after the ashes.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
Maybe, but leaving out the only English batsman with ODI centuries (or does Strauss have one? Was only against Bangladesh anyway), if he wants to play, is not the way to go about it.

Oh, and to Langeveldt's point: What's the best way of getting away from depression? Laughing with people who like your company, that's what. Not lock yourself inside a cave, because that only makes it worse.
Strauss got an ODI century against the 2004 West indians as well as Bangladesh - and KP got three in SA in 2005.

tooextracool

International Coach
Poker Boy said:
Strauss got an ODI century against the 2004 West indians as well as Bangladesh - and KP got three in SA in 2005.
Even Flintoff has 3 centuries to his name. i think the point though is that the last time any player scored an ODI century for England that didnt have the first name Marcus was over 1.5 years ago.

Nishant

International 12th Man
well....trescothick has not been selected for the 1st test....any thoughts? Has he been dropped....?