• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stick Cricket

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
I finished on 171/9:( Most of the 40 runs in the last 4 overs came from the medium pacer so this is now becoming a real problem...

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Mr. P said:
Its got to a point where I start out great scoring 110-120 off the first 5 overs (1 or 2 down), then the spinners come on and I crumble to about 140 all out.:( *hides*

I need tips for the spinners! Anyone?
That happened to me when I was playing the All-Stars one (Hadlee took a couple of hattricks), and also the first time I played NZ (losing ALL my wickets against Harris and Vettori). Since then, I've beaten NZ but keep getting stuck against Sri Lanka (especially Chandana). I did hit a six over point off him though! Sadly that was the only thing of note!

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
I've never used the up button for the spinners. Maybe I should try it sometime.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Thanks mate!:D Your advice with hitting the ball late helped heaps - I promptly hit my highest score to date of 203, which probably sounds small, but considering the amount of wickets I was losing to spinners...

More importantly I did it with only 5 down...:D

straw

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
ENGLAND WIN ICC CHAMIONS TROPHY

I defeated SA in the final quite comfortably. So I've decided to win with every team.

What a challenge

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
When playing against the spinners, wait for the ball, it took me about 50 tries to learn this. Let the ball come to you, though it's easier said than done. I went from losin 5/1 in an over to Harbijan to hitting 32 off one of his overs.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
I'm not sure if people already know about this or not but if you go out for a golden duck, click on the duck that comes walking on the screen in the bottom right hand corner. It takes you to a special version of the game in 1987. All same teams though (Even USA and South Africa, though i'm pretty sure A.Donald wasn't playing in 1987) even the Star Team is updated. B.Willis, M.Holding, J Garner, B.Yardley and Tony Greig are the bowlers. I just hit 3/243 off them, D.Jones 112*