• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Ever Player!

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
blackcapsrule said:
What is your best ever players, post your screenies so we can all have a look here. I will post mine soon. :)

Also what is the player with the highest second team average you have ever got, mine was Barry Lara at 102
I just got a 20-yr old youth player named Tom Sprake, 2nd team avg of 110. Will keep you updated on his progress.

Edit: 21 off 22 on debut v Berkshire, followed that with 88* off 114 against Holland batting at 5. About to make his CC debut.
Edit: made 10 & 5. :wacko: then 49* off 37 v Essex in National League.

Last edited:

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Dark Hunter - Not sure if its just my calculations but you say Scott Cox took 2187 wickets @ 16.29, with 33955 runs hit off him. Not having played the game i wouldnt have a clue, but in my language 33955/2187 = 15.53 (rounded). Its either im having a rough day or something is fishy.

Probably just a rough day :P either that or there is something weird that the game does that i dont know about, but all his other averages were correct.

gio

U19 Cricketer
I hvae a couple of decent players: The first is steve Barlow. Unfortunately I only have a screenshot of him when he's 22. Although his figures are impressive, they're even better 10 years on. He went on to take over a 1000 test wickets and his FC wickets reset. The other player is William Beasley. His test record is good as it stands. He went on to get over a 100 FC hundreds, and a lot more test hundreds.

THe problems with these players is that they get out of form so quickly. Even if they hit 3 or 4 40s/50s it is less than their average so their form plummets.

Attachments

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
AUST_HiTMaN said:
Dark Hunter - Not sure if its just my calculations but you say Scott Cox took 2187 wickets @ 16.29, with 33955 runs hit off him. Not having played the game i wouldnt have a clue, but in my language 33955/2187 = 15.53 (rounded). Its either im having a rough day or something is fishy.

Probably just a rough day :P either that or there is something weird that the game does that i dont know about, but all his other averages were correct.
I noticed that too (your calculations were correct) I think my game just stuffed up cause other stuff happened too. I think the disk hadn't been cleaned in a while or something.

kinglara

Cricket Spectator
gio said:
I hvae a couple of decent players: The first is steve Barlow. Unfortunately I only have a screenshot of him when he's 22. Although his figures are impressive, they're even better 10 years on. He went on to take over a 1000 test wickets and his FC wickets reset. The other player is William Beasley. His test record is good as it stands. He went on to get over a 100 FC hundreds, and a lot more test hundreds.

THe problems with these players is that they get out of form so quickly. Even if they hit 3 or 4 40s/50s it is less than their average so their form plummets.
Thats pretty good my best player is a guy called Alan Marsh who averaged 73 in Test Cricket with 63 centuries in 178 matches and also i had a player in the same team called Thomas Lynch who averaged 75 but then i had 2 players injured so i couldn't continue.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
This guy has to be the unluckiest in terms of international selection... he has played 2 tests and three ODI's and that was because i was England Captain for one winter, he is just gettin better and better as evidenced by his current season

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
whoa that Scott Cox fella is pretty awesome.. i never seem to get a real good youth fast bowler.. most of my top youths are either batsmen or spinners..

Did you set them on training right from the start?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
lord_of_darkness said:
whoa that Scott Cox fella is pretty awesome.. i never seem to get a real good youth fast bowler.. most of my top youths are either batsmen or spinners..

Did you set them on training right from the start?
Whenever I get a really good youth player (2nd Team bowling ave. <15 or batting ave. >70) I usually put them straight on training and into my 1st XI. They often suck for the first season, but will be awesome after that.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Case in point - Tom Sprake, averaged about 30 in his first FC Season with only one century, now (2 years later) averages 77 in Tests...

Attachments

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Same thing happened wiht coxy, took 52 wickets at 35 in his 1st year. I dropped him, he went to Glocestershire, I take notice again when he takes 10 for in an innings. Thankfully they put him back on the draft and i got him back.

dobbo2k4

Cricket Spectator
Adam C

What version of ICC was that screen shot from, just it looks different to other screen shots I have seen?

Hoggy31

International Captain
I had this youth fast bowler called Aaron Paul, he was doing really well in the 2nd XI and i played him in the first XI and his bowling average was about 55 in both FC and OD, and i terminated his contract after two years at the club and Essex got him and now he's one of the best bowlers in the league.

This is his stats since he's been playing for Essex

Attachments