• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who does your team really need?

gio

U19 Cricketer
I don't have a bad wickie - averaging just over 30, but nothing special. Now I need a good aggressive fast bowler. They don't exist in ICC do they? All RF bowlers average 30+ in the second team, in my experience. The only RF bowlers that are remotely decent are all rounders!

Blaze

Banned
Bringing this thread back up from the dead....

I need a decent Wicket Keeper in my South Africa side (year 2015)

And a new quickie would help becuase Andre Nel will retire very soon I anticipate.

I think my batting is sorted for the next 5-7 years though cause I was good at blooding young players through and giving them experience, finding who could cut it at test level etc from a very early stage.

squiz

U19 Debutant
Sometimes you gotta stick with players, I had a 20 year old guy playing test cricket, he average about 15 for the first few tests, now he's 28 and he's averaging 52

Blaze

Banned
squiz said:
Sometimes you gotta stick with players, I had a 20 year old guy playing test cricket, he average about 15 for the first few tests, now he's 28 and he's averaging 52

Who are you playing as at the moment?

Are you struggling in any areas

squiz

U19 Debutant
I'm playing as Australia. Struggling real bad in bowling and i need a decent keeper as well. Haddin average mid 20's for me in both forms, but now I've found one keeper he 20 years old and he average's mid 30's in our domestic comp and 40 odd in his Second Team. He's started off averaging mid 20's in tests and one dayers after 1 test and about 6 ODI's. I've come accross a 20 year old Leggie as well, he's started off brilliantly averaging 13 in ODI's and 20 in tests with the ball, although he plays second fiddle to Cam White

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Most people talk about cam white being good and all.. but in my game i dont play with him but hes average 62 with the ball in first class lol... little high

SteveG

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I've just played James Hopes in my 2003/04 World Series Cup, and he had a 3/41 debut bowling first change. Since then he has bowled very consistantly...he looks like a find.

Mike Hussey is doing the same this with his batting. He consistantly gets 30 or 40 when needed.

But, I find that my bowlers generally get carted all around the park in ODI's. Sri Lanka has given me problems so far this summer, belting McGrath, Lee and Gillespie all over the place.

squiz

U19 Debutant
What years are the world cups in?

In ODI's I find the best strategy is bat first then make a huge total 300+ then the opposition try to slog you all round the park and subsequently fall short for being too aggressive

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
squiz said:
What years are the world cups in?

In ODI's I find the best strategy is bat first then make a huge total 300+ then the opposition try to slog you all round the park and subsequently fall short for being too aggressive
The World Cup is only in February-March 2003.

As long as your bowlers can back your batsmen up, that tactic will prove to be successful, if the bowling standard isn't so high there could be a really high scoring match with the opposition's slogging mode.

mahmoodbhopal

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
currently playing 2001 ashes eddition and have few good player including 1 overseas hasan adnan MOHD he averages 47 in oneday odi and 55+ in test first class and can bowl good too averages 30 to 35 i all forms in bowling i had few pacers and a lame spinner jermey snape averages 45 but littlle handy with bat and giles can do bowl and bat

ash chaulk

International Captain
My Aussie team in 2032 is last in all standings with no series wins in both forms

what i need is Bowlers who average under 40 atm my batsmen are ok avging 30-35 other then that we are crap

wouldnt mind an alrounder tho

kof98

U19 12th Man
My game really needs some good bowlers. Most of the county teams bowling have a rating of less than one star and a batting rating of five stars. Every season I have to get an overseas bowler as four of my bowlers are selected for England.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
squiz said:
Why didnt Empire make it every 4 years?
I think it might have something to with the coding and the difficulty to format all the venues for a tournament every four years...

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
At the moment my Gloucs team needs a really good spinner. J Motlop averaged in the 10s until he retired... and now I dont have one! I need to sign one next year, and I got some extra money so I'll sign a international!
In ICC 2001 (Ashes Edition) Shawn Craig had only played a few games for Victoria, and had been lucky with his leggies. In the game he's awesome! He is the best allrounder in the game, batting at four and being the first choice spinner. :D Suffice to say I use him