• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NP Cricket Simulator: Updated Version (16-04-2020)

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Errrr, there aren't any recent modifications. :p

There was something I'd suggested in the game engine though which you said you'd do after this electronic scorebook thing - is that done yet? :p

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Don't worry, figured it all out. Are you any nearer to fixing the stats tracker? Because, if you remember, even if the batsman didn't bat, it says he did (and thus batters averages suffer, particularly lower order). Cheers :)

Last edited:

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Yo Neil, how is this going? I love it, I seriously think it's the most accurate (when the players are tweaked) cricket game I've ever played.
Still working on it?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The BC series has been in development on-and-off since early 1999 - I get periods where I write a lot of this, periods where I code other stuff (eg Magpie) and, as of last month, periods where I write books...

I'll get in another coding mood soonish - right now I'm not 110% satisified with its realism.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Neil Pickup said:
I'll get in another coding mood soonish - right now I'm not 110% satisified with its realism.
Yeah, no rush Neil.
And as for the realism, I've coded the MCG in with:
Code:
Capacity: 100000
Size: 120
Bounce: 100
Movement: 8
Turn: 15
Erraticism: 10
and it actually seems to be pretty accurate... the problem being is that when I say 'accurate' I mean 'accurate for the super-human freaks I've made with the player editor'. :sleep:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I should probably expand what I mean - I'm not convinced how well it handles spin. If you want to look at adding some extra grounds that turn and see how you do there; or try putting together some International databases etc - that would really help.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Neil Pickup said:
I should probably expand what I mean - I'm not convinced how well it handles spin. If you want to look at adding some extra grounds that turn and see how you do there; or try putting together some International databases etc - that would really help.
Well Neil, you're pretty correct there. One of the problems is that Spinners - when randomly generated - dont get enough spin. Seriously, they get between 3/8 spin rating, which doesnt allow them to do jack with the ball.
I've considerably pumped up James 'Roly' Banh (see attachment), and although he is bloody expensive (seven runs an over - possibly over-turns the ball) he does take more wickets than any other spinner I've seen.
And International Databases? At the moment I have the English, the Aussies, an Ashes XI, the HeadHunters, the Red Lions, the Lord's Taverners, a Premier District Cricket Association XI, the Victorian 20Twenty team, and the Victorian Second XI. I can certainly try to add some internationals though, if just to road-test the spinners.

Attachments

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I think there might be something there to do with the fact that I changed "movement" from being a 0-10 thing to being 0-100, and didn't update the random generator code. Oops.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Neil Pickup said:
I think there might be something there to do with the fact that I changed "movement" from being a 0-10 thing to being 0-100, and didn't update the random generator code. Oops.
:happy: I guessed.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I've got teams for England and Australia (which are adjusted from original ones) a World XI, Chelmsford 1st XI, and a World 2nd XI.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I think spinners work okay (though possibly not in that release on the forum, because Neil sent me an update and not sure whether he uploaded it on here, he changed the way spinners were coded slightly, giving them double the turn what they'd have got before the change with the same value, spinners certainly started getting better averages, strike rates, etc).

One thing I will say, is that in my various World XIs, Glenn McGrath and Simon Jones both exist. McGrath is very accurate, Jones less so. However, Jones moves it more and bowls quicker. Usually this would indicate that on the stats tracker, McGrath should be more economical, and Jones should be taking more wickets - however, the opposite is happening...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Attached are the latest versions of the stats tracker (yes Halsey, it works now), editor (movement fixed) and game (whatever I did with it). More testing appreciated.

Attachments

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Stop screwing with the database!

Hmm... Exeter U11 managing 102 against England. Less concerning as they were chasing 812 off 80 overs...