• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NP Cricket Simulator: Updated Version (16-04-2020)

Loony BoB

International Captain
Found a good way to test bowling accuracy - create a player with raw stats, 0mm tall and everything.

It took 20.2 overs for my top 5 players, all with 0 on all stats, to be bowled out by the English team. Harmison missed on every delivery, Flintoff hit four of them over and Gough got one on his second delivery.

EDIT: Oh, never mind. I just realised that the line defaults back after every over. Is it possible to get the game to remember the line for each bowler?

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Loony BoB said:
I can see the good and bad sides of having all players in a list... to solve this problem, would it be possible to have a drop down menu within the players area with squad names, including a "No Squad" field so that people can adjust squads easier. This would be very handy as I'm sure the db will end up involving hundreds of players.
No idea how I'll code that. This is the method used in ICC 2002.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Loony BoB said:
Found a good way to test bowling accuracy - create a player with raw stats, 0mm tall and everything.

It took 20.2 overs for my top 5 players, all with 0 on all stats, to be bowled out by the English team. Harmison missed on every delivery, Flintoff hit four of them over and Gough got one on his second delivery.

EDIT: Oh, never mind. I just realised that the line defaults back after every over. Is it possible to get the game to remember the line for each bowler?
Probably. Coding still a bit messy. Turn off "auto line"?

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Neil Pickup said:
"auto line"
That's a very good feature. :)
However, I have found it hard to know what the defaults are. :huh: It's hard to explain but SO many of my players are unbalanced.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Neil Pickup said:
Unbalanced?
Due to the fact that there is no set 'middle' or 'average' for players (this is hard to describe) I've often made players far too week or, sometimes, far too strong.
Of course, this is really my own doing, so I just need to fix it up a bit.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Add AI, you slacker! Chooka, I wasn't referring to the bowlers not being able to bowl, I've coded a player generator, and at the time, all the bowlers it generated couldn't bat - I've edited it now.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Tom Halsey said:
Chooka, I wasn't referring to the bowlers not being able to bowl, I've coded a player generator, and at the time, all the bowlers it generated couldn't bat - I've edited it now.
Gotcha, my bad. Although all my bowlers seem fairly able to bat :cool: mainly because I've been mucking around and I've made them all three metre giants :sleep:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Lol yes but I was talking about the generator I coded made all the bowlers generated not be able to bat (to a Tuffers sort of extent) - the existing ones seemed okay though. I've fixed it now anyway.

Btw, I think a fairly even pitch for both batters and bowlers is on 40 for everything except for erraticism, which should be much lower.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Tom Halsey said:
Btw, I think a fairly even pitch for both batters and bowlers is on 40 for everything except for erraticism, which should be much lower.
Thanks a lot mate, gotcha

Tom Halsey

International Coach
cricketboy29 said:
could anyone please tell me where to get the player generator from?
It comes with the updated editor, which may or may not have been uploaded - if not, ask Neil, he has it.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Tom Halsey said:
It comes with the updated editor, which may or may not have been uploaded - if not, ask Neil, he has it.
You send me your most recent modifications and I'll sort and upload it.