• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Life 2007 Announced

James

Cricket Web Owner
I would say give them a chance, all we've seen so far are a few screenshots and a list of features. Not a lot to go on and the screenshots could also be very early development ones too.

What is a bit strange I must attempt however is that it looks extremely similar to the freeware game Cricket Master.

vaas80

Cricket Spectator
I agree James.

On their website, it mentions the game has been in development for 8 months and will be released soon...one website quotes "December".

All i'm saying is be careful before you purchase it and may even wait for a demo to be released.

But yes, I love the idea and I really hope all turns out very well in the end!!

James

Cricket Web Owner
Most gaming companies release demos of their games these days, so I would imagine we'd see one here too, which will give us all the chance to decide on whether we want to purchase the full version.

Overall, it's great to see more and more cricket games being developed.

cricketer_mars

Cricket Spectator
I would also remain cautious of the competitions they are running. Most contests require rules and chances to be published and are often associated with an attorney or solicitor....I doubt all has been arranged properly.
when they can spend loads of money on developing game, I dont see why they cannot consult an attorney which will only cost few hundreds to thousands of bucks.

BTW, I don't find any competition anywhere in their websites. If you are speaking about the competition in the forum, that doesn't even mention any prizes yet (other than for few chances into an 'upcoming' contest), then I find what you say as very strange, because you are trying to twist facts to say that they are holding a contest officially, where as they aren't! Forum is not an official place to launch contests, that anyone will understand.

I agree with james to not judge the book by its cover, (which isn't even printed yet) . as you say, play the demo, and if you don't like it, then don't buy it. it is as simple as that.

BTW James, where can I dl cricket master game? any screenshots or website available?

cricketer_mars

Cricket Spectator
It's exactly the same font as Cricket Master with the same graphics, layout etc. Surprised? Not really.
What is a bit strange I must attempt however is that it looks extremely similar to the freeware game Cricket Master.
I have looked at the link you have given me, James.
except for the fonts, I do not find any other thing in common with CM.

Sad that it didn't work out and became an abondonware.

cricketer_mars

Cricket Spectator
....Lets just hope Cricket Life 2007 doesn't follow the same path ay planethero_11
we hope not but we were talking about Cricket Master and now which game is planethero and what does it have to do with cricket??

Last edited:

cricketer_mars

Cricket Spectator
nevermind, I thought u were talking about a game, it turned out to be a member at planetcricket site.

r u trying to tell that tht planethero guy is myself??
dude, I may have answered few questions here and raised few and that doesn't mean I am that guy. I dont have time to type long messages like both of you guys.

cheers!

vaas80

Cricket Spectator
I know...planethero_11 had just mentioned something in the other forum that he would only have known through reading this forum thats all.....I just know he would be reading what me and you were saying as well.
Me and a few other people suspect this guy actually works for Cricket Life but
I'm not going to bother anymore...i've said enough....

Good day to you :)

cricketer_mars

Cricket Spectator
vaas80 said:
I know...planethero_11 had just mentioned something in the other forum that he would only have known through reading this forum thats all.....I just know he would be reading what me and you were saying as well.
Me and a few other people suspect this guy actually works for Cricket Life but
I'm not going to bother anymore...i've said enough....

Good day to you :)
I see. well even if he's reading us, i doubt that guy work for them as most companies don't work on sundays nor the employees like to work. even so, there's no point arguing at third party sites.

cheers!

vaas80

Cricket Spectator
even so, there's no point arguing at third party sites.
Your right - that would be bad for the games publicity wouldn't it??

i doubt that guy work for them as most companies don't work on sundays nor the employees like to work
Yes, it was Sunday a few hours ago in Toronto (Monday where I am)...but i'm sure that bloke wouldn't of minded staying up to 12 oçlock to try and defend his crappy game :)

Sorry, I've said too much again (slap myself on the wrist)...I promise I will now leave it at that :)

Last edited:

cricketer_mars

Cricket Spectator
Yes, it was Sunday a few hours ago in Toronto (Monday where I am)...but i'm sure that bloke wouldn't of minded staying up to 12 oçlock to try and defend his crappy game
may be, but logically speaking,
planetcricket is certainly isn't going to be even 5% of their market. so they won't care whether or not someone's going to write for or against the game. eventually, the game sells if it is good, doesn't if it isn't.

.....so an employee is certainly not going to spend time for a game that his company produces, unless of course the company is going to pay an overtime of 30 bucks an hour to do that job, which of course no sane company can afford as literally means losing revenue of about one unit per hour.

he is might just be some person like u, who felt offended by u counter questioning his comments..

Sorry, I've said too much again (slap myself on the wrist)...I promise I will now leave it at that
i agree, let's leave it here. :)

James

Cricket Web Owner
Haddin said:
You are the thickest bonehead I have ever come across.
That's a nice way to treat another member isn't it? I would imagine if it was the other way around, you wouldn't like it very much.

Think before you post next time. :dry:

What you have just said is just going to inflame the situation James said think before you say something but obviously you have decided to not take his advice and and now you have thrown the ball back in James's court instead of keeping it in your court which is very silly if you were serious about particapting in these forums