• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The England Captaincy

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
No idea how I got offered this (9th in CC, 13th in NL) but accepted anyway.

Just a few questions:

1. Is it worth it?
2. Do you get any bonuses with it?
3. When can I resign?

Thanks in advance.

DJellett

International Debutant
I never bother. You can take it over summer and elect to leave the job at the beggining of the new county season or continue throughout...

timraa

Cricket Spectator
or do what i do and pick all my players that i dont want playing for my county team so my county team is at full strength, cos ive found that if your captaining england and picking none of your players, they always pick 5 bowlers, and some strange team selections come about

scritty

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
DJellett said:
I never bother. You can take it over summer and elect to leave the job at the beggining of the new county season or continue throughout...
Definately worth doing.

Reasons :

1) CPU stops picking your star players to be placeholders in the England team , thus ruining your chances of winning your league.

2) You get to play the international matches / pick the temas etc

3) FREE TRAINING for your team. For the first few years I take the youngsters I've signed on tour with England. Don't care if England win or lose - do have my young guns playing and training the whole winter - for nowt.

4) Cripple The opposition -

Close run thing at the top of 1st class Div one ?
Fighting against relegation in One Day Div 2?

SImply cripple your rival (either the team you are due to play, or the team that is in contention with you for league position) by picking all their star players to play for England. Keep taking the best (bowlers first) until the PC complains that they don't have enough of a team left to compete (ahhh diddums).

Then watch them lose...

5) MEGA PLAYERS

As the season roll on (My Worcestershire team are currently in 2072) The game throws up MEGA PLAYERS. Batsmen who score 50+ Test Hundreds and average over 70 (career 1st class average) and bowlers (essp Spin) who can take 120 wickets a season at 13 runs a piece. Get these playing for your side in the summer, and England in the winter, and see some amazing stats build up.

All of this not possible or at least far more difficult if you can't manipulate the England side.

Currently got 4 of the worlds top 5 batsmen playing for Worcs (inc 1 and 2) and the top three bowlers in the world as well (5 of the top 10 !)

Am i bored !!

Errm well, I tend to play it in the background while browsing the 'net or listening to music - and yes I do the season/restart/reload cheat every season to get good yougsters - -that's another real key.

Ideally a batter with 2nd 11 average of 80+ or a bowler with average 10- (allrounders with 50+ and 20- are good value for a balanced team)

Anyway - accept England (you can always autoplay the matches if you get bored)

Clarker