• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan managed by Stefano

Stefano

School Boy/Girl Captain
I have just bought International Cricket Captain. I have begun an international season with Pakistan. First of all: tour of West Indies. I have won the ODI series 2-1. Then, I started the first test. Simply amazing..

Pakistan 1st Innings: 277 all out
West Indies 1st Innings: 508 - 1 declared. Gayle 250 runs. Lara 239 runs.

The declaration was called on the 3rd day (after lunch).

Pakistan 2nd Innings: 436. Youhana 118. The 10th wicket fell on the fifth day during the post-lunch session (after 50 minutes).

Actually, I was rather happy. My second innings total was rather good. And I had avoided a sure defeat. The West Indies needed 206 runs to win, and they had less than 2 sessions to reach the target. I thought: this game is drawn!

West Indies 2nd innings: ARSHAD KHAN's SHAW. 8 wickets - 35 runs and a hat-trick. Amazingly, I was able to bowl out all lineup and I won! 95 all out.

Pakistan won by 110 runs!

Inzy sucks! He is out of condition. What do I have do to with him?

Shahid Afridi

School Boy/Girl Captain
yea inzamam doesent play that good in icc 2005 like he did in the 2002 one...

use youhana and khan as your main batsmans, also use the likes of hameed, hasan raza, kamal for backups.

Stefano

School Boy/Girl Captain
I have won the test series against Windies 2-0. Now, England have come to Pakistan. I won the first Test quiet easily (9 wickets) and I drew the second. Actually, the second test should have been won by England! They scored more than 600 with just 4 wickets declared. I replied with 477 all out.

In the second innings, England scored 160 / 2d. But because of the rain (several interruptions), I started my second innings some minutes before tea in the fifth day! I scored 99-2 at stumps, so the test was drawn. So, I lead the 3-test series 1-0 (1 draw).

My best batsman is Taufeeq Umar. He is my opener and he is great! In the Test Ranking, he is the #1! Not bad are Imran Farhat and Saeed Bin Nasir, who is my second opener. Younis and Yousuf are good, but not extraordinary. Inzy has scored his first fifty in the second test vs. England.

Among bowlers, Danish Kaneria was great in the 2 test vs the Windies, but he was in such terrible shape some months later, so I had to dropped him for the England Tour in Pakistan. Younis Khan is not bad as a bowler.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Stefano said:
Among bowlers, Danish Kaneria was great in the 2 test vs the Windies, but he was in such terrible shape some months later, so I had to dropped him for the England Tour in Pakistan. Younis Khan is not bad as a bowler.
:lol: Must have watched his leg-spin in OD cricket in England this year, I think he got a few wickets there :)

Stefano

School Boy/Girl Captain
I have won 1-0 the Test Series against England. Victory in the first test, and then 2 draws (actually, I saved both tests). I lost 3-0 the ODI series. England simply destroyed me.

Then: India in Pakistan. I have lost 1-0 the 3-test series: 2 draws (I saved both tests) and a 7-wicket defeat in the last test.

I have one big problem. Before each series, I have to select the players. The squad is already prepared, however I can change the players I don't like. I suppose that the players already selected are the best ones. However...

1) Some players already selected are in TERRIBLE SHAPE. For example, Younis Khan and Yousuf Youhana had less than 1 star.

2) Some players who were not selected are in excellent conditions.

What is the best thing to do? Keep the stars or use other players.

Shahid Afridi

School Boy/Girl Captain
keep at least a couple experienced batsman, but use the coaches on the players with low rating.

play the likes o hameed, hasan raza, afridi as the 4th/5th batsman

use iftikhar anjum (RM) bowler, he is amazing in my game