• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Updated Photos

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
I have added some photos for some new players, and replaced some old ones, so I thought I'd attach these for anyone who's interested.

If you have any other ones, feel free to post them - cos I'd like them!

Attachments

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Kent Lad and Neil deserve a lot of respect.. they have done so much for free whereas Empire and other groups could have made tidy profits from things like these...!

Awesome contribution Kent Lad!!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I reckon. Huge effort, I haven`t had a huge amount of time to play it, but it`s rocked.

macca75

Cricket Spectator
I've done the photos for Yorkshire for the 2005 season.I've also corrected something that has annoyed me since I bought ICC2001. There are two players called Matthew Wood in the game - one at Yorkshire and one at Somerset. To complicate matters further they are both MJ Wood. In ICC2001 the Yorkshire player wasn't there at all. In the updated databases they are both there but both have the yorkshire players photo. I have included a photo of the somerset Matthew Wood but you will have to use magpie to change his name to M Wood (as opposed to MJ Wood) so that the game will find his picture.

I was thinking - it would speed up the photo update process if a few other people did their favourite counties (though why would you support anyone but Yorkshire!).

It's fairly simple:
1) Find picture on internet (I found most of Yorkshire's pictures on cricinfo , the rest on the club website).
2) Right click and choose save picture as.
3) Make sure you save as bitmap.
4) Open with paint.
5) Resize image - must be 60 pixels wide by 70 pixels high. I went "image , attibutes" to find out how big the picture was and then used "image , stretch/skew" to resize. You just need to figure out what percentage 60 wide and 70 high are of the actual size of the bitmap and enter in the first two boxes. It's worth checking with the attributes to make sure you've done it right.
6) Copy to photos folder. The name of the bitmap must be in the correct format for the player. It's "surname initials.bmp". eg Chris Silverwood (CEW Silverwood) is
Silverwood cew.bmp. If you're not sure what the player initials are you can find it in magpie or in the player profile / edit name section in the game.

Attachments

squiz

U19 Debutant
it'd be best to resize, crop, etc. with a better image editing program (eg. Photoshop, Paintshop Pro, Irfan View etc.) that way you get the best image quality

CricketGames.com

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
macca75 said:
t's fairly simple:
1) Find picture on internet (I found most of Yorkshire's pictures on cricinfo , the rest on the club website).
2) Right click and choose save picture as.
Not to put a downer on everyone's efforts but doing the above is copyright infringement unless you have the specific permission of the web site to redistribute the picture. This is definitely not the case with CricInfo (and nearly ever other web site) which I guess is used for most of the ICC photo updates.

CricketWeb need to be careful as they can be held liable if they knowingly allow these files to be redistributed (either as direct downloads or attachments to forum posts) and the copyright holder objected.

Empire paid a significant amount of money when developing ICC to licence all the photos and backdrops used. The backdrops alone cost over $250 per image.

Daniel

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not sure if that is true, I've seen many stories, and freeware games with pictures from internet sites, either directly hotlinked or uploaded on to imageshack/photobucket.

You probably know better.

CricketGames.com

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Then those people are also breaking copyright as well and probably don't know better or don't care. It is the mentality of a lot of internet users that because it can be read for free they assume it can be used for free which is not the case

Hot linking is even worse as not only are they stealing the picture they are also increasing the bandwidth of the originating site.

Daniel.

villaturk

Cricket Spectator
no louw

hi,great update but am trying to put a photo of louw playing for northampton.i have got a picture,resized it as was pointed out in a previous post and finally put it in the photos file.i have named the photo Louw JR but when i start a new game he has just got the usual blacked out face.help me please