• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
I will be doing an indepth story with sth africa from the beginning seeing i am back into icc again. stay tuned for the first indepth story i will keep stats on excel spread sheet for all to see and start my journolism sport writing skills on here......stay tuned all................

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
News Flash

South African cricket board have announced the shock appointment of bugs malone for the national cricket side.

we are pleased to have to have signed bugs on a 6 year deal to be extended for an unknown amount of time.

there will be a press confrence with bug later tonight and all the players are very happy to have this talented young australian cricketer at the helm.

*****press confrence****** to be held later this evening....

stay tuned...........

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
A YOUNG Australian cricketer is coaching South Africa?? Shouldn't he be wearing the Baggy Green? :cool:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
*****Press Confrence*******

yes very happy to have been given the chance, to take on what i feel is such an important roll and with so much change due to come through in south african cricket i am absolutely looking forward to getting the best out of my players and myself.

i am coach of the sth african side effective immediately, so i will go away and sit down with the senior members pollock, boucher, gibbs and talk about a 12 month game plan to see where we want to be with regards to the ebst teams in the world and start to focus......

we are having a net session today then the i will talk more........

i will miss nsw but i have moved over here with a job to do and thats my main priority.........

thankyou

Bugs Malone

Last edited:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
The First test is a series at home to sri lanka with the squad to be announced shortly

stay tuned for the list and details......

the first test is at pretoria on nov 14th.

stay tuned for the squad to be announced

Last edited:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Test Squad Named

the first 12 has been named with a few out due to injury

the squad is as follows

G Kirsten, G Smith (c) H Gibbs, N Mckenzie, J Rhodes, E Stewart (k), J Kallis, J Kemp, L Klusener, N Boje, A Nel, M Ntini......

S Pollock out injured
M Boucher out injured.

The Starting xi for the first test in batting order is

G Kirsten, G Smith, J Kallis, H Gibbs, J Rhodes, N Mckenzie, L Kluesner, N Boje, E Stewart, A nel, M Ntini 12th man J Kemp....

DAY 1.....
G Smith won the toss and elected to bowl, Sri Lanka sent in on a bowler friendly wicket. A Nel struck first cleaning up M Attapattu.Sri Lanka then batted till lunch on the first day with out loosing another wicket and went into lunch 1 - 66.S Jayasuriya and Desilva took the score along to 1 -111 before nel was Kallis was bought back into the attack. Jayasuriya out lbw for 54(161). 2 - 111.....at tea on the first day it ws rather slow scoring but they had moved the total along to 2 - 143....the Sri Lanka batting resisted and at the end of day one have moved along to 2 -240 with Desilva unbeaten on 88 and tillakaratne also unbeaten on 78.....

DAY 2......
3rd over of the morning Desilva fell to Ntini for 94(271). Sri Lanka 3- 256.Nel then picked up new batsmen Arnold for 0(5) and Sri Lanka had moved to be 4-256. Good start by the south africans..Nel then bolwed Samawerra for 7(21) and Sri Lanka had crumbled a little, with some fine bowling by the south africans. Lunch on day 2 seen Sri Lanka take the total to be 5 -325 with T'Ratne not out on 125*(226).Nel was the pick of the bowlers with 3.
South Africa come out on fire and cleaned up Sri Lanka for 377 all out with T'ratne the best batsmen with 139..the pick of the bowlers was Nel with 4 - 93 of 35 .1 overs...South africa had fought back hard, lets see therun chase....

Tea on day 2 sth Africa where 0 - 8......
South Africa in trouble early falling to be 6 -93 and th end of day 2 thanks to some marvellous bowling by the man Muttiah who had figures of 4 -29 of 12 overs. South africa where in big trouble.

DAY 3
South africa all out in the fist session on day 3 for a terrible 179. L kluesner the only batsmen to impress with 65*(129). Sri Lanka lead bby 198 runs...Sri Lanka batted well and moved the score along to 1 - 215. an overall lead of 413 still with 2 full days to play... south africa where in big trouble.

DAY 4..........
1st session won by the south africans picking up 4 quick wickets to see sri lanaka got to lunch at 5-286 an over all lead of 484. did they have enough. do they want more.
Sri Lanka decleared 57 minutes before tea with an over lead of 526. this was a big task for the home side, over 4 sessions to bat out and a big total to chase down.
they didnt get the start they where after smith went early and sth africa 1 - 3....tea day 4 sth africa 1 - 24 still needing a further 503 for victory.
end of day 4 and it was the vaas and muttiah show, sth africa slumped to be 9 -102 and putting in a terrible performance.

DAY 5..........
Not much was needed by the sri lanakans to pull off a majestic win, south africa needed to hang there heads in shame, just not putting a fight at all.....the wicket come in the 5th over and sri lanka won by a massive 410 runs.......

we tried to speak to bugs malone but he had no comment. back to teh drawing boards for the south africans or it could be a long series.......

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
like it bugs, keep it up! :)
Fm does get boring after a while ;) you can always fall back to good ol icc :D

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Game 2 v Sri Lanka

Game 2 saw 2 changes to the south african line up with S.Pollock & M.Boucher fit to play they where both bought bck into the side, J.Kemp & E.Edwards where the unlucky ones. With bugs malone selecting probably the strongest side since his appointment to the South African side.

The side was as follows......

G Kirtsen, H Gibbs, J Kallis, G Smith, N Mckenzie, J Rhodes, M Boucher,S Pollock, N Boje, A Nel, M Ntini, 12th man (L Klusener)

Highlights Day 1
STH Africa won the toss and elected to bat.......

H Gibbs went in the 2nd over. not teh start they where looking for...G Kirsten went not long after and the horrible run for sth africa continued 2 -12 of 8.2 overs.kallis startd to rebuild but was bowled by a good ball, sth africa 3 - 54.
lunch on day 1 sth africa trying so rebuilt where 3 - 73..smith went for 48 and sth africa where just getting a roll on and faced another set back, sth africa 4 - 118.jonty went for 19 which bought in boucher, mckenzie was batting well and just needed someone to to stay with him.mckenzie went for 50 last ball before tea and sth africa where 6 - 161. pollock and boucher at the crease. sth africa needed something special...boucher batted well but ran out o partners and sth africa where all out 253 with boucher unbeaten on 54(74) which included 9 bounderies. could sth africa restrict the sri lanakans to a smaller total.
hereis the first ball from pollock.end of day 1 and sri lanka had moved to be 0 - 12...

Highlights Day 2
Ntini and Pollock bolwed well but couldnt get the break through so the double change wasmade. nel and kallis on.sri lanka doing it easy and the first wicket came at the score of 204.attapattu gone for 98.at tea on day 2 sri lanak had passed the south africans and where 2 infront. jayusira next to go for 148. sri lanka in a commanding position at 2 - 306. end of day 2 sri lanka in a commanding position 2 - 375.

Highlights Day 3
sri lanka declared on day 3 260 runs ahead. declaring at 6 - 513. a massive job was needed if sth africa where going to save or win this match.
gibbs gone 3rd over, sth africa 1-5. tea on day 3 3 63 with the top order struggling again.end of day 3 sth africa had reached 5 - 149 with kirsten the only one to put up a fight not out on 50. but struggling to save this test match.

Highlights day 4
Lunch day 4 seen sth africa get to with in 3 runs of sri lankas lead but had lost 8 wickets doing so. kirsten was still out there but running out of partners with nal and ntini the only resistance left. kirsten went just after lunch for 92(300) and ntini and nel left at the crease. sth africa all out 273 a lead of 12.
this one was all but over.sri lanka lost 2 quick wickets but 12 was never going to be enough and sri lanaka take out the 2nd test by 8 wickets.

man of the match c bandarra for 9 wickets.

sth africa struggling and need something to gain a little respect in the 3rd test .. bugs malon ehas his work cut out. stay tuned for more.

Last edited: