• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

ash chaulk

International Captain
been the manager of Australia for 6 years made it into the world cup both times and the asian nation cup but still only known as a Regional manager and only receive offers from League one sides which is not what im after in terms of club management. Would only go Championship or Above/ A-League.

cpr

International Coach
Started a new game, gonna to signing British (and Irish) only players, doing it at Sunderland though. Club with potential to grow, but not too much expectation whilst building the squad, and not too many foreigners to kick out (though means decimating the entire strikeforce, hopefully Steven Fletcher from Hibs will help if i can get him)

cpr

International Coach
Hmm, just seen my opening 3 fixtures of the season

Arsenal Away
Man Utd Home
Liverpool Away

Least it gets them out of the way.....

cpr

International Coach
So, Sunderland, GB & Ire only eh.

Bit of a tricky start to the season. Decided i'm not going to shut up shop and try for 1-0's or 0-0's to stay up, were going to play football.

Battered 5-1 at Highbury as a result (though did have one disallowed, so 2 goals at Highbury aint too bad a start). Lost 4-2 at home to Man Utd (was 2-2 till 80 mins, then let in the 4th going for an equaliser), Drew 1-1 at Anfield.

Then had an interesting season so far after that. Lost at home to Derby and Brum, but Won at White Hart Lane & St James (oh the fans loved that!). Now on 11 points from 11 games, and sat in 13th (though my away form would put me 6th!)

Signed Chris Burke and Chris Eagles on loan. Steven Fletcher from Hibs for £4m and Sean Davis for £3.5m (Sold Kenwyne Jones to Celtic for £5m, and Nosworthy for £2m). Having a plague of injuries, could do with a beef up in midfield, as Richardson really is ****

Top scorer so far is Ian Harte!

----
Edit: Just clicked next, board have upped my transfer kitty from the £4m i had left to £21m!

Last edited:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
im playing a new game with another one of my beloved sides, hull. leading the comp after 15 games. but got knocked out league cup 1st round. going ok though. west brom 2nd by 2 points.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So, Sunderland, GB & Ire only eh.

Bit of a tricky start to the season. Decided i'm not going to shut up shop and try for 1-0's or 0-0's to stay up, were going to play football.

Battered 5-1 at Highbury as a result (though did have one disallowed, so 2 goals at Highbury aint too bad a start). Lost 4-2 at home to Man Utd (was 2-2 till 80 mins, then let in the 4th going for an equaliser), Drew 1-1 at Anfield.

Then had an interesting season so far after that. Lost at home to Derby and Brum, but Won at White Hart Lane & St James (oh the fans loved that!). Now on 11 points from 11 games, and sat in 13th (though my away form would put me 6th!)

Signed Chris Burke and Chris Eagles on loan. Steven Fletcher from Hibs for £4m and Sean Davis for £3.5m (Sold Kenwyne Jones to Celtic for £5m, and Nosworthy for £2m). Having a plague of injuries, could do with a beef up in midfield, as Richardson really is ****

Top scorer so far is Ian Harte!

----
Edit: Just clicked next, board have upped my transfer kitty from the £4m i had left to £21m!
Ohhhhh wish I had a transfer budget that big. I just started a game with Birmingham, and going by friendly form, and our first up 7-3 loss to West Ham, it's going to be a long season, our defence is ****ing atrocious. I'm hoping to partially rectify that by signing Russian & CSKA Moscow captain Sergey Ignashevich.

Attack shouldn't be a problem though, McFadden, Zarate & Kapo should give me enough firepower on the odd occassion that the defence doesn't let in a cricket score.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Anyone know how to make fullbacks overlap?
Fixed it. Width to wide, at least normal mentality and setting forward runs to often. Went to the football manager site forums. Great help there if anyone has defensive problems and the like. Could take a couple tweaks and your defenders will start letting in less goals. :D

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Started a new game on CM01/02, replaced Salisbury City with Shipston Excelsior in the Conference.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Reaching the end of my 1sts eason at Pompey, will finish it tonight, my pre-season aim was to avoid the drop, been in the dogfight all year then somehow beat Arsenal with 8 games left and have no climbed to 11th with 3 to play, good chance of getting up to 9th. I have applied for the InterTwoBob cup, or the Euro Vase as FM likes to call it and reckon I could well qualify.

Unfortunately, though, my excessive spending has brought the club's finances to their knees and it will be a long hard summer :unsure:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Dominating with Citeh at the moment (in 2011), probably going to resign soon.

GK: Hart
Backups: Schmeichel, Romanian u-19 keeper (computer gen) in my reserves who's a gun.

DL: Bale
DC: Onuoha
DC: Richards
DR: Corluka
Backups: Dunne (about to retire), Bacinovic, Aleandro Rosi.

ML: Silva
MC: Johnson
MR: Gyan
Backups: Petrov (getting close to giving it away), Bojinov, Darron Gibson, Gelson Fernandes, Lulinha, Cardenas.

AM: Aguero/Elano (they cycle)
Backups: Ireland, Zarate, Lulinha

ST: Huntleaar
ST: Berbatov
Backups: Vincenzo Mariani (computer gen), Kezman (getting worse rapidly), Sturridge.

Going alright.

P.S. I am not a crackpot.

Last edited:

cpr

International Coach
Hmm, couple of guys coming in in January, proof that signing British only is expensive and ends up with pap. Chris Brunt costing £4m from the baggies (will train him up to be a bit better in AM, though him and Ross Wallace can alternate in ML if i get a decent midfielder in). Nicky Hunt from Bolton costing a mind blowing £5m, but he's the best i can get to Sunderland, and Phil Bardsley is pap.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
If you're going English-only, try and get Sturridge. He's a goal scoring machine after a few seasons (assume you're talking about FM08).

P.S. I am not a crackpot.