• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Well...ended the season without a trophy, and despite winning 9 of my last 10 games I still only managed to get 8th place in the table, drew too many games, didnt really lose all that many, but conceded lots of late goals which cost me dear in the end. Came runner up in the Coppa Italia, due to Inter having already qualified for Europe I got the UEFA cup spot through the playing in the cup final which is some good news. Now preparing for a clearout during the summer....

In my other job.....World Cup 2010 has begun, my Ghana team managed to pull off a fantastic 1-1 draw with Portugal, and then get a 3-1 win over Iran, currently top of the group on Goal difference with Greece (who are bottom of the group with 0 points) left to play, only way I can now fail to get through to the knockout stages is if Portugal somehow lose to Iran and I fail to pick up any points from the last game, so should be through with any luck. Bad news is though, that Asamoah Gyan who has scored 3 of my 4 goals so far has picked up an injury and will be out for 3 weeks, not good news, seeing as I am already without Matthew Amoah and John Mensah for the entire tournament anyway.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Quaresma caught their keeper off the line, tstl :p

The first screenie is basically when he shot it, just after they'd basically passed him the free kick...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, I remember the first game I ever played in my Fiorentina game in a friendly against someone, Frey scored direct from a goal kick, very strange, fortunately it hasnt happened again.

Annoying glitch that showed up last night actually...was after the draw with Portugal, I got a message from my supporter spokesperson, which pretty much read something like "the fans are dissapointed with the recent 1-1 draw with Portugal, didnt convert enough chances etc.. etc.... However, they are happy with the win and are looking forward to the next match.". This of course is before I had played my second match and won....stupid game.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I remember on CM03-04 there were loads of glitches like that, such as congratulating teams on five titles in a tow when they hadn't even won it the previous season

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I remember on CM03-04 there were loads of glitches like that, such as congratulating teams on five titles in a tow when they hadn't even won it the previous season
I remember when Marc was still around these parts, he told me about a team he saw that lost a cup tie but went through to the next round and their opponents went out, how a game can be glitched that badly and released in such a state is just ridiculous.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
My sister's boyfriend once got to the CL final then found that 9 of his usual XI were away on international duty...LOL

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha I think i've heard about that sort of thing happening once or twice as well actually, fortunately that particular problem seems to have been rectified.

Have you played any FM08 yet? remember....make sure you get the patch first....

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I remember when Marc was still around these parts, he told me about a team he saw that lost a cup tie but went through to the next round and their opponents went out, how a game can be glitched that badly and released in such a state is just ridiculous.
I seem to remember that was CM5 though? Could be wrong, just that rings a bell.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haha I think i've heard about that sort of thing happening once or twice as well actually, fortunately that particular problem seems to have been rectified.

Have you played any FM08 yet? remember....make sure you get the patch first....
Yeah, yeah, played a bit, and am impressed tbh. So far.

Played last night, too drunk to play tonight

Last I played CM/FM drunk. Disastrous. Had a great game going with Leicester on 00-01, was sitting in the top half, got home drunk, played half an hour, was sacked next time I played it sober

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
my game seems to have picked up an annoying glitch, whenever I try and save the game and quit, I get the message "game cannot be saved", even though it has....and then it won't let me quit, and the only way I can get out of the game is to Ctrl/Alt/Del the bloody thing and end it as an unresponsive program. Any ideas? I'm guessing I should uninstall it and reinstal it.

Craig

World Traveller
My players at the moment couldn't score in a brothel even if they tried. For the amount of chances I get it is wasteful. I seem to go through period where it is nigh on impossible to score a lot of goals for some real. September and February.

Craig

World Traveller
We are going up, we are going up, we are going up! 7 games left and I have already securred promotion, although I have a 15 point lead I haven't got it wrapped up yet. Will make for some interesting time on the market as the I will need a low of new players to not only avoid relegation, but to stay up and to do well.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Come across a really ennoying bug in FM08, not sure if I've done anything to trigger it, but for some reason...according to their history, every single player on the game played for Spezia between 2007-2011, and played 0 matches, this is a major gripe for me, and if I can't fix it i'll probably abandon my current game, raargh. Similarly when I looked at my "best eleven" for my last season (2009-10) it shows a load of players who play for Real Sociedad B.....very very irritating...