• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol. Thumped him. 6-3 6-2.

Rafa vs Novak once again in the final! Two best players in the world. Novak favourite since he's in the best form I've perhaps seen any player in.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Lol. Thumped him. 6-3 6-2.

Rafa vs Novak once again in the final! Two best players in the world. Novak favourite since he's in the best form I've perhaps seen any player in.
really...more than fed of the 2004-2006 vintage?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That wasn't form. That was "I am the greatest of all time". That play was normal from Fed.

He wasn't "in form" per se. He was just that good.

We've yet to see whether this run from Novak will continue into dominance. But he is absolutely obliterating everyone that plays him. And good players too. It's almost ridiculous to believe.

cricman

International 12th Man
Novak to win in Straights

Nadal takes joy whooping Roger, Fed was getting pity chants. Nadal knows where to Attack Roger and transform him into Fed-Error where he shanks the ball more than Tiger. The other players will soon take note ... Nole has his own style to beating Roger but thats not duplicable.

To put into words how Nole is playing now goes like this ... Best Return Game in the World (Agassi + Conners) + Insane Court Coverage (Chang + Hewitt) + Great 2H Backhand (Nadal like) + Wicked Forehand. Also his Serve is Very Solid.

I'll say this nothing different from Fed's play back than and now ... Just better players now. Fed played in an Era where Pete could have won a few more slams on a Part Time Schedule, a Gimpy Agassi had Fed on the Ropes in a USOF.

He's gonna be a huge threat on Clay

Not to say Roger Can't Win a Slam or Two but he'll have to earn these

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If Novak does beat Rafa in the final, it will add a nice twist to the clay court season. Novak would be very confident going in.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
LOL, the revisionism about Federer's level of competition always makes me chuckle.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What a ****ing match. Novak is a beast.

This is the new rivalry of tennis. Not sure why at the Australian Open everyone was saying it was going to be Novak and Murray, as if Rafa is 10 years old than them.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What a ****ing match. Novak is a beast.

This is the new rivalry of tennis. Not sure why at the Australian Open everyone was saying it was going to be Novak and Murray, as if Rafa is 10 years old than them.
Rafa's knees are at least 5 years older tbf

In other news...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It was still stupid to speak about Murray vs. Novak being the next big rivalry at a time when the previous 3 slams were won by Nadal.

Its all about Novak vs. Nadal.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It was still stupid to speak about Murray vs. Novak being the next big rivalry at a time when the previous 3 slams were won by Nadal.

Its all about Novak vs. Nadal.
Not saying I disagree ftr, just that given the problems he's had with his knees, it's not so unreasonable to think his decline will come before that of Murray/Novak. I do agree that that moment is still some time away though.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You should change your avatar now I reckon. Because Fed ain't getting back to #1.
Federer to creep up and sweep the big ones while Rafa and Novak wear each other out, a la 2009. :cool:

Seriously, I'm not writing Federer off again. Ever.

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
**** now it will be really exciting to see whos gonna wint he clay court

i want nadal to be thumped out as soon as possible

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Ivo Karlović won two tie-breaks. The world's going mad.

edit: Ah, I see he DFed a match point. Just Isner being crap then. Awww.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol @ Karlovic vs. Isner on clay :laugh:

76(2) 67(2) 76(9) Karlovic's way. So ridiculous.

Also, Djokovic is out of Monte Carlo Masters 1000 due to a knee injury.

Looks like we'll have to wait even longer to see Novak vs. Rafa on clay.