• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I have to say, when I watch Devvarman play, his ceiling seems to be top-50 (in terms of potential). I love his graft and obviously I'd love him to do well as an Indian, but don't think it's realistic to expect much more than that.
I reckon he's more talented than Florian Mayer, who is sitting rank 39.

But yeah obviously I don't expect him to be a gun. But he has played a hell of a lot of tennis recently and should have been tired. For him to stick with Nadal (who obviously wasn't playing at 100%) was a serious accomplishment. For all intents and purposes he should have won that first set.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I reckon he's more talented than Florian Mayer, who is sitting rank 39.

But yeah obviously I don't expect him to be a gun. But he has played a hell of a lot of tennis recently and should have been tired. For him to stick with Nadal (who obviously wasn't playing at 100%) was a serious accomplishment. For all intents and purposes he should have won that first set.
Haven't watched much of him recently, bar the Davis Cup tie. Must have played very well to push Nadal to that scoreline.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Rafa is unbelievable.

Karlovic always troubles him, but how he got out of that one is sheer will to win.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nadal vs. JMDP was awesome, and Novak vs. Federer is even better.

Just brilliant tennis. Fed wants this badly. Got thumped in the first set but is dominating the second set.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Awesome.

Rafa vs. Novak Indian Wells final. So good.

Novak has beaten Fed 3 times on the trot now.

Federer broke back in the third and at 2-2 had 40-15. He then made 3 consecutive unforced errors and a double fault.

Fed-error indeed.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He is unstoppable right now. Honestly.

Rafa's first serve just left him in those last two sets, and you can't afford that to happen against the best.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Novak just called Rafa the greatest player ever.

Obviously still some niggle between him and Roger I reckon :laugh: