• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Giraldo is Davydenko in disguise! What amazing shot making.

Will be interesting if Ferrero can fight back.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Giraldo just displayed the best shot-making on a clay court I've seen since Soder at last year's French Open. Was amazing. Breathtaking to watch.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will keep an eye on Giraldo, I think he beat someone of note in the Australian Open.

Gulbis (my favourite out of the younger generation) doing a bit better of late. Reached the QF at Barcelona losing to Verdasco. Expected him to put up more of a fight. Now he has beaten Baghdatis 2 and 2. I think he's got amazing potential but it doesn't translate into his performances.

vcs

Just checked the draw to see that Gulbis plays Federer next. :( Why couldn't he have landed in Murray's quarter or something?

Federer and Nadal in the same half of the draw, BTW.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Gulbis has taken a set off Federer before. Will be interesting if he can go one better.

Nadal and Fed in the same side of the draw is pretty cool I reckon. Adds a little twist to a tournament which we haven't had for a while.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lleyton Hewitt was up a set and break vs. Youzhny.

Gave up the second set, and at 3-3 in the third set he yells out to himself "PLAY YOUR ****ING GAME MATE" after he got into a slice-fest with Youzhny.

Commentators then say "We have to apologise for that. A little bit of anglo-saxon from the Australian"

:laugh:

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Massive win for him after some awful results in Houston and Barcelona. Got lucky early as Youzhny looked really off - particularly when volleying - but played some fine tennis later and got some good time on court. Hopefully he carries that into a win against GGL, but I can't see him beating Verdasco from there.

Think the doubles in Barcelona really helped him, too.

vcs

That's a good result for Hewitt. He doesn't usually do much in this part of the season.

I read that Clijsters is out for upto 6 weeks through injury. That's a real shame, I was looking forward to seeing how she does on clay. Hope she is back for the French.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Have such a man-crush on Łukasz Kubot these days. That Wikipedia photo...

Would consider turning.

In all reality, can't wait until he starts putting some consistent tennis together. Capable of being at least top thirty for mine.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Since retirement he has settled down in his place of birth, the Brazilian island of Florianopolis, where he enjoys being an active member of life in the lakeside town of Lagoa da Conceição. He still enjoys teaching and playing tennis with the local enthusiasts and is known to enjoy some sake after a match down at the local Mexican restaurant Cafe do Sol. In his hometown, he is known as the "Cachorro Grande" (literally Big Dog but "Big Cheese" is a term more commonly used in the English language).
He is an avid surfer and can sometimes be seen surfing at Praia Brava where he has an apartment.
Kuerten has been accepted to a drama course on Ceart, Center of Arts at UDESC - Santa Catarina State University in Florianópolis. He began his studies there on February 16, 2009.[3][4]

:ph34r:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Fed down in the 2nd set vs. Gulbis 1-4. Won the first 6-2 though.

If he loses his first singles match on clay this season, wow.

Would be a huge scalp for Gulbis, but I'm sure he'll go down in the third like he did last time.

Still, Federer start caring about Masters 1000's you prick.