• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's looked quite good in the first 2 matches, but dropped a set yesterday (didn't watch).

He'll most likely pull out of Paris and Nadal will play so the No. 1 question should get settled next week.

vcs

Whenever I watch Federer play Goffin, I always wonder how he manages to be a steady top 10-15 player.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
fed vs delpo...both are in great form, delpo has beaten him twice here...which is not easy to do on an indoors court...i think he has a great chance to win...

Last edited:

vcs

Such a weird match by Federer. Loads of missed sitters. Del Potro breaks in the first game of the decider.

vcs

Was twice a break up in the first set, served for it, and managed to lose it somehow.

vcs

Immediate break back for Federer. Not sure if this is a classic in terms of quality, but the momentum swings have been frequent and compelling.

vcs

Federer takes it, Del Potro never recovered from losing that early break advantage in the third. Title number 8 in Basel against the man who has beaten him in two finals before.

vcs

Federer pulls to within 1500 points of Rafa, which is a miracle given how choosy he's been with his events this year, and Rafa's basically played everything.

Wonder if he'll be tempted to play Paris because that's the only way he can get that YE No. 1 ranking. But it'd still be a very long shot, he'd have to win that and London, so I don't think he'll risk his health.

Niall

International Coach
Fun match that. Federer a little sloppy and should have won 2-0, but a win is a win. I'd advise Federer to swerve Paris, winning London more important.

I'd also be tempted to tell Del potro to swerve it also, yep London would be much better for his presence, but not sure its great for his long term future to be playing the amount of tennis he is now.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Well done Federer & Wozniacki! Federer now second behind Connors in number of tournament wins, having passed Lendl, closing in on 100 tournaments...Wozniacki's biggest title beating Venus for the first time...

Last edited:

vcs

Not a surprise... Paris Masters is usually won by the last man who can remain standing.

Nadal's played a lot of tennis this season.

vcs

No Del Potro in London:sadwalk:

But we get one of Sock, Isner or Carreno Busta, wonderful.:wacko:
WTF is going to be ugly this year. Hopefully Thiem and Sascha play some decent tennis, but I'm not particularly optimistic looking at their recent form.