• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hingis and Murray beat H. Chang and Venus in the mixed doubles final.

Incidentally Hingis' women's doubles partner is H. Chang's sister Y. Chang. So there could yet be a title for the Chang family.

Niall

International Coach
Kev is a good guy,but we really needed a somewhat more interesting final after a pretty grim final and this really hasn't been one. I know the ladies final wasn't the most exciting, but at least we had a fun few weeks on that side and Sloane coming from nowhere to win and beat some really good players was lovely. Well done Rafa and I hope his fans are enjoying this, but for the rest of us the men's tour is the absolute pits atm.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
If nadal wins the aus open can he be considered equal to fed?
Not for me. He'd still be 2 slams below Federer, and his non-FO slam count would still only be 7 compared to Federer's non-W count of 11. If he goes on to dominate all of next year though it'd start getting pretty close.

DriveClub

International Regular
true, the us open has not been memorable since around 2009...:ph34r:
Agree what a shame about delpos injury, tennis would've been so much more interesting, when he came back in 2013 in shanghai masters and the way he played was just orgasmic. Is he the ultimate south paw in tennis?

DriveClub

International Regular
Not for me. He'd still be 2 slams below Federer, and his non-FO slam count would still only be 7 compared to Federer's non-W count of 11. If he goes on to dominate all of next year though it'd start getting pretty close.
Maybe but still not sure why you have to discount his FO slams... Theyre different players, both wouldn't have the same strengths

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ah well, congrats Rafa.. Dont think he would have been able to do it against a fully fit Federer but Murray and Fed's back messed it all up anyways.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well done Rafa, but for the third slam in a row, it felt far too easy.

Once the rest of the field returns next year, I don't expect Federer and Nadal to keep this up at all. They'll be contenders till the end of their careers at Wimbledon and Roland Garros but that's about it imo.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
if he wins the aus open next year he would have done what no one else (male) has ever done in the open era, win each slam at least two times...that plus his overall head-to-head vs federer would make that argument very strong...