• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Sami Zayn and main event Jey Uso could've had stories built to it if they started by Rumble.
Yeah true tbf. In fact there are probably plenty of others who they could have given the spot to, had they been so inclined. The problem was what they actually did (i.e., have Cody win the ****ing thing, and then have him immediately just give up his shot because...er...reasons).

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Could just have had Rock left out completely tbh. The whole incident has not really painted him in a good light at all really. He's had numerous chances to have his match with Roman over the years, but he's always bailed out. But now, when it makes the least narrative sense imaginable, he apparently has insisted on inserting himself.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Oh, and another bit I loved from Roman's promo the other night was where he addressed the complaints about him being an absentee champion by basically saying "Seth Rollins does ten times more work than I do, but I get paid ten times more than he does, so who's the idiot?" :laugh:

****ing great that. May as well have been a shoot. Got a lot of time for that attitude myself tbh.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Could just have had Rock left out completely tbh. The whole incident has not really painted him in a good light at all really. He's had numerous chances to have his match with Roman over the years, but he's always bailed out. But now, when it makes the least narrative sense imaginable, he apparently has insisted on inserting himself.
Not without precedent with the Black Adam and F&F stuff, depending on who you believe etc etc

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I read some of that lawsuit. I'm usually not one for making value judgements on an entire subject domain based on one bad apple but good god it's soured me on watching any WWE product past or present. Very uncomfortable and instantly revulsive.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
I read some of that lawsuit. I'm usually not one for making value judgements on an entire subject domain based on one bad apple but good god it's soured me on watching any WWE product past or present. Very uncomfortable and instantly revulsive.
It's not very good at all is it.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Meltzer now reporting that the decision to go with Rock v Roman was actually made before they went ahead with Cody winning the Rumble, which makes the whole thing seem even more brain-dead.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
He's finished. His reputation is absolutely ruined regardless of whatever happens moving forward. Bloke is positively radioactive. Will live out the rest of his days in disgrace.