• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Heboric

International Debutant
I am surprised they are having the MJF vs Punk match on Dynamite and not on pay per view event. Unless something happens and they will also have a match on the pay per view

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am surprised they are having the MJF vs Punk match on Dynamite and not on pay per view event. Unless something happens and they will also have a match on the pay per view
I think they are really using Punk as a kind of a ratings booster as much as anything, so in that sense, it works to have his big matches on TV for the time being. I suppose this match is basically a #1 contendership match so I am guessing one of them, will main event the next PPV.

Heboric

International Debutant
I think they are really using Punk as a kind of a ratings booster as much as anything, so in that sense, it works to have his big matches on TV for the time being. I suppose this match is basically a #1 contendership match so I am guessing one of them, will main event the next PPV.
true

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It does seem like an odd match to give away, but at the same time their next PPV is not until March, and this feud has already been going on a while. Stringing it out for another month would risk it getting stale.

Besides, AEW effectively uses its special editions of Dynamite as a form of mini ppv anyway, so this would be a good headliner for the next one.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I wonder what they can do with Rick Boogs. He's been comic relief till now, but someone higher up (probably VKM) has obviously taken a shine to him too. Personally think he's a breath of fresh air in the vein of a Randy Savage with a really exciting and legitimate power style. And genuinely off the wall nuts too. Most guys on the roster couldn't buy charisma if it were sold at the dollar tree. Bugenhagen has it for days.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
If he's to have any chance whatsoever he needs to ditch the whole guitar gimmick thing pretty fast. Musical-related gimmicks are generally a recipe for going nowhere. Just look at Elias.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Yeah only catch there being it really isnt a gimmick with him. It's very common for him to deadlift 700 lbs and jump over to slinging Judas Priest riffs. I think we live in a meta enough era for him to succeed even with that "gimmick" if the powers that be want him to. And **** it, I'd cheer for a character that embraces the ridiculousness of pro wrestling again.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
haha oh man I didn't even think of Jarrett when making my post
I have been nostalgia binging New Gen and he just stands out. :) Cannot believe they let him go or whatever. He would have been a gold mine for early attitude era period. Funnily enough, he ended up coming back and dissing the gimmick, and then going back to it, all within the early Attitude era. :laugh:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha that was a little before my time

I just remember him beating up women (in kayfabe), extorting VKM (shoot), and then the business with David Arquette in WCW

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Haha that was a little before my time

I just remember him beating up women (in kayfabe), extorting VKM (shoot), and then the business with David Arquette in WCW
Yeah, the day he came back to the WWF/E, I remember segments on RAW promoting a "former WCW" champion who is now joining the WWF/E. And then it was revealed to be Jeff Jarreett. It was funny how let down the 13 year old me was.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I love the idea of a Moxley Danielson Yuta Garcia Moriarty stable and the idea that it starts 3 feuds immediately.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, the day he came back to the WWF/E, I remember segments on RAW promoting a "former WCW" champion who is now joining the WWF/E. And then it was revealed to be Jeff Jarreett. It was funny how let down the 13 year old me was.
still better than the time he had to resort to selling gold to pay the bills

Heboric

International Debutant
It seems another wrestler getting into trouble because of their past. Brian Kendrick was suppose to be on AEW against Moxley. But something surfaced and he was pulled :unsure::unsure:

Vinny Ru

Cricket Spectator
Mike Graham was spot on when he said this guy broke 6000 guitars and never drew a dime.

Vinny Ru

Cricket Spectator
Apparently Shane is out
I don't believe he's "fired" fired, just a temporary thing. Probably stepped on the toes of the agents and went into business for himself. He can always come back if he wants. Although it's better if he doesn't.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Mike Graham was spot on when he said this guy broke 6000 guitars and never drew a dime.
Yeah, it's a good soundbite, but it kind of loses its impetus/credibility when you realise he said exactly the same thing in relation to absolutely loads of people, including Benoit, Guerrero and Booker T :s

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I don't believe he's "fired" fired, just a temporary thing. Probably stepped on the toes of the agents and went into business for himself. He can always come back if he wants. Although it's better if he doesn't.
blokes on twitter thinking he's legit going to show up on AEW Dynamite on weds is great comedy tbf