• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Bahseph

State Captain
*Walter exists*

Even WWE can't **** this up.

*Gunther*

Touché
I grew up watching WWE. I can't anymore. A few years ago I would still tune in for the big shows but now I feel insulted with most of the logic. AEW is not perfect but the character motivations make sense.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
possibly. they took out a trademark for Gunther Stark. the name change may not go ahead as people googled and immediately came across a nazi u-boat commander so.

they're also giving Sareee a Japanese school girl gimmick it seems

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
only first name. and it seems he was presented as WALTER throughout the show, so there's probably a way to weasel out of it

Athlai

Not Terrible
I usually watch the Royal Rumble if nothing else because I've always loved it. Even though it usually sucks. I like entrances and surprises. Even that amount of paltry support feels like too much these days.

Vince has lost it and the idiots are running the asylum.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I usually watch the Royal Rumble if nothing else because I've always loved it. Even though it usually sucks. I like entrances and surprises. Even that amount of paltry support feels like too much these days.

Vince has lost it and the idiots are running the asylum.
yeah same I just cbf

it's all I can do just to listen to solomonster's weekly roundup of the shows, and even then I realise that more and more I don't know the names of people he is talking about

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
it's a shame really, because you still occasionally get really good WWE matches that feel like they mean something

but the way the rest of the product is packaged and (over) produced, and the style of WWE storytelling, it's all just horrible

Athlai

Not Terrible
WWE still has plenty of great talent but 95% of them are misused and in the rare instance something works they overuse them.

Maffew from Botchamania is going to lose his mind over this WALTER thing. He loves the guy.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I noticed the other day that apparently "Freakin" has officially become part of Seth Rollins' name

I mean I know they always nicknamed him this, which was fine I guess, whatever

but now all the announcers say "Seth Freakin Rollins" every time they mention him, and it's so incredibly dire and jarring (and just such a typical WWE thing to do)

"oh no, I just got covered in Seth Freakin Rollins' sweat"

ergh

Athlai

Not Terrible
But think of the brand engagement. Who doesn't want to tweet or #selfie trend the Legit Boss Sasha Banks. "ITS BOSS TIME"

The least cool person in the world shouts. I better post this on my tout so all my fellow WWE Universe members know that I'm watching the longest running episodic television show, Monday Night Raw.

Maybe tonight we will get another thrilling 20 minute microphone segment featuring the Head of the Table, our Tribal Chief, Roman Reigns.

Athlai

Not Terrible
In other news, tomorrow looks like it could be a really good Dynamite. But FFS I hope the Acclaimed go over Sting and Darby. Put the rocket on those guys and have them take the belts off Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus at the next PPV or before it. (Christian vs Jungle Boy is where that story needs to go)

Then Proud and Powerful take it off the Acclaimed after a month or two and have a nice long reign and feud FTR/Bucks/Lucha Bros/Best Friends.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I noticed the other day that apparently "Freakin" has officially become part of Seth Rollins' name

I mean I know they always nicknamed him this, which was fine I guess, whatever

but now all the announcers say "Seth Freakin Rollins" every time they mention him, and it's so incredibly dire and jarring (and just such a typical WWE thing to do)

"oh no, I just got covered in Seth Freakin Rollins' sweat"

ergh
I hate it....

They should have obviously trademarked it for Kurt Angle's broken freakin' neck.